All reviewshood meadowsmonday and tuesdaycrooked treehot tublog homeany requestswonderful hikinggroomed trailsfresh snowfamily weddingdog bedcream cheesealarm clocklodge roomsdvd playeryogurtking bed
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Last weekend, my husband and I had our wedding at the Cooper Spur Mountain Resort. We could not be more pleased with our decision. We had guests coming in from all over (Chicago, California, Hawaii, Florida, and New Hampshire to name a few). Not a single person had a bad thing to say about their stay.

To begin, I worked with Sara Germann, the coordinator and she was beyond professional. I was a first time bride and had pretty much no idea what I was doing. She helped me every step of the way, providing answers as well as giving me options on how I should do things, but never pressuring me to do one thing or the other. Honestly, it was like having a friend with all the inside information that I needed. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. If it wasn't so expensive (as all weddings are), I wouldn't hesitate to do it all again.

As for food, Joe Silliman went above and beyond. I can't count how many times throughout the night I heard from one of our guests, "This is the BEST wedding food I've ever had". He was very flexible with any requests that we made (I'm lactose intolerant and my husband hates mayo or creamy things). The saddest part of the evening was that everyone kept talking about how delicious the rolls were, but I was too busy mingling to get a chance to try one. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back.

There were so many other people involved that made our day beyond amazing, but here's the bottom line - I love this place and everyone in it. I can not WAIT to go back and just enjoy a weekend there, without the chaos of a wedding!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank allybee1026
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your review and we are very happy that everyone had a great time at your wedding.

Our wedding coordinator, Sara Germann very understands on how to help a first time bride with herself being one. She gives the bride options and does not pressure them into doing anything that seems to work better for your big day.

Here at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort the Executive Chef, Joe Silliman does go above and beyond to make sure that the food meets the expectations and we do cater to everyone’s needs when it comes to your big day. Joe does make his rolls from scratch here onsite at Cooper Spur.

Again we are very happy that your husband, you and your guests had a great time here and enjoyed the experience that Cooper Spur Mountain Resort had to offer for you wedding. We look forward to seeing you and your guests in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We rented one of the cabins in mid August for 2 nights. The cabins are very clean, well equipped and the beds are comfortable. As many have noted, because of the dark log interiors it is quite dark inside- I'd suggest stronger lighting if the resort wants to attract more summer business. Also, several windows including at least 1 of the bedrooms did not have screens, and there were flies, moths and mosquitos around so we couldn't just leave windows open. By late night the cabins were nice and cool, but during the day and into early evening they got a bit hot. Still, it was such a beautiful place and the staff is so fabulous these are pretty minor complaints. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: the "honeymoon" cabin is a bit more expensive but has been more updated and is brighter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrpFlorence
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of replacing all of the screens for the units. As for the lighting that many have mentioned we are looking into lighting that will help brighten up the units so that they are not so dark and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Management mixed up our reservations and by the time our group checked in in the evening, the restaurant staff had no idea what we were talking about. Luckily, they were accommodating and provided a cabin perfect for our needs. The cabins are clean and are well equipped with everything you need for cooking. The cabins are a bit dark inside. The grounds are well maintained and there are some nice picnic areas. The restaurant served great food (order the burger) with a nice drink menu.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We would like to apologize for the mix up on your reservation and that we were able to fix it so that you were able to enjoy your stay here with us. Yes all of our cabins are equipped to provide our guests with all of the essentials needed for cooking. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed in one of the "Inn" rooms at Cooper Spur with a wedding group in August. Our room was very clean and the overall facilities are lovely. There are tennis courts, a volleyball court and two great hot tubs perfect for sky watching. Our room was a bit dark because there is only one plate glass window and the room is paneled in dark wood but that is what I expect from a lodge style room. We greatly appreciated having a mini fridge in the room. Great location for anyone looking to explore Mt. Hood trails, Parkdale orchards, or Hood River.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wishfulnomad
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for the review. Yes we do offer mini fridges in our lodge rooms and coffee makers. The hot tubs are a great feature that we offer here at the resort that we offer to our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our group rented the big Log Home, 2 free standing log cabins, a lodge cabin, and the Homestead cabin for an August wedding, which was held at the Log Home. Decor is rustic mountain cabin style; a bit dark, and could use more light especially in the bedrooms, as several other reviewers have noted. The pet friendly log cabin option was very handy for our dogs, although the pet friendly log cabin was not yet renovated, so a bit more dated than the other units. All units have well equipped kitchens, nice linens; beds and pillows are comfortable; shower and bathrooms very nice. Loft in the cabins would be great for children. The grounds are pretty, wooded, and relaxing.
As far as a wedding venue goes, Cooper Spur was great! Cynthia and Sara and the chef, Joe, went out of their way to make it easy on us. They ordered the rentals (chairs,tableware, glasses, tables, linens, and everything else we needed), handled the set up both for the ceremony and the dinner,and thought of several details that we had not considered. They even provided us with ice for the big day and allowed us to store refrigerated items in their restaurant fridges, then delivered them to us at the appropriate time, as well as using the restaurant ovens to cook some of our self-catered items. The wedding set up on the lawn of the Log Home had the most beautiful backdrop: woods, and a gorgeous, close view of Mt. Hood! A lovely, private setting for the ceremony and dinner, an excellent staff, and good accommodations make it a perfect wedding venue; many of the guests, as well as the bride and groom, will return for future stays.

Room Tip: The Homestead Cabin, also known as the Honeymoon Cabin, has a wonderful deck with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you choosing Cooper Spur Mountain Resort as your wedding venue. We will look into the the lighting for the bathrooms and as for the pet friendly units they have not been recently updated and will be in the near future. We here at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort were glad to provide you with all of the services that were needed for your wedding day. We are happy that everyone had a great time and enjoyed themselves and look forward to seeing you in the future when you and your guest stay with us.