All reviews monday and tuesday hood river crooked tree hot tub mt adams log home any requests wonderful hiking groomed trails fresh snow family wedding dog bed cream cheese lodge rooms yogurt king bed mini fridge
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband I were married at Cooper Spur on August 3, 2013. Once we saw Cooper Spur, we knew it was the only place we wanted to have our wedding. We are both from the East Coast and Cooper Spur gave us the opportunity to house and feed all our guests under one roof - something that was very important to us. The grounds at Cooper Spur are stunningly beautiful, the vibe is relaxed, the food by Joe Silliman and his staff is outstanding, and Sara Germann, the new event coordinator, is a life saver. Our wedding weekend ultimately was flawless. On the day of our wedding, I did not worry about anything - something most brides can't say. The staff at Cooper Spur worked to ensure that everything was worked out down to the smallest detail and on the day of, it all went off without a hitch. Without question, choosing Cooper Spur for the most important day of our lives was the best decision we could have made.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex J
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for the review we are very happy that we could make your wedding memorable for you and your guests. The resort is a great place to have a wedding since we can accommodate lodging and also off the site for your event. The staff here at Cooper Spur like to go above and beyond the make that everything runs smoothly on your big day so that the bride has nothing to worry about on her big day.

Again we are very happy that you chose Cooper Spur to have your wedding and that everyone had a great time. We look forward to seeing you and your guests in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at the Cooper Spur in September. During our stay, we hosted a bridal breakfast on Saturday for a friend who was getting married in Mt. Hood that evening. While planning the event, the events coordinator, Sara, was very helpful and always responded promptly to any questions we had or changes we wanted to make. The event took place at the Crooked Tree Tavern- it was very cozy and intimate. On the day of the event, the room was set up to accommodate our group of 17. The chef came out and greeted us and explained all of our food options (we opted for coffee, tea, fruit, yogurt and granola, pastries and a french toast-like dish). I have to say that the vanilla bean yogurt that he made was some of the best yogurt I have ever tasted! The rest of the food was excellent as well. There was also a waitress there who was very helpful. It was a great way to start the busy wedding day and I am so happy that we decided to have our event at The Cooper Spur.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TXTraveler85
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for the review and we are happy that everyone had a great time at the bridal breakfast. The Crooked Tree Tavern is a new addition to Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, which was added in this summer. It is a very nice cozy area that can accommodate up to a small group for a gathering such as a bridal breakfast. Our events coordinator, Sara and Chef, Joe work well together to make sure that everyone needs are met and that the food we provide meets the guest’s expectation.

We are very happy that everyone enjoyed the bridal breakfast and look forward to seeing you and your guests in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Last weekend, my husband and I had our wedding at the Cooper Spur Mountain Resort. We could not be more pleased with our decision. We had guests coming in from all over (Chicago, California, Hawaii, Florida, and New Hampshire to name a few). Not a single person had a bad thing to say about their stay.

To begin, I worked with Sara Germann, the coordinator and she was beyond professional. I was a first time bride and had pretty much no idea what I was doing. She helped me every step of the way, providing answers as well as giving me options on how I should do things, but never pressuring me to do one thing or the other. Honestly, it was like having a friend with all the inside information that I needed. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. If it wasn't so expensive (as all weddings are), I wouldn't hesitate to do it all again.

As for food, Joe Silliman went above and beyond. I can't count how many times throughout the night I heard from one of our guests, "This is the BEST wedding food I've ever had". He was very flexible with any requests that we made (I'm lactose intolerant and my husband hates mayo or creamy things). The saddest part of the evening was that everyone kept talking about how delicious the rolls were, but I was too busy mingling to get a chance to try one. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back.

There were so many other people involved that made our day beyond amazing, but here's the bottom line - I love this place and everyone in it. I can not WAIT to go back and just enjoy a weekend there, without the chaos of a wedding!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank allybee1026
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your review and we are very happy that everyone had a great time at your wedding.

Our wedding coordinator, Sara Germann very understands on how to help a first time bride with herself being one. She gives the bride options and does not pressure them into doing anything that seems to work better for your big day.

Here at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort the Executive Chef, Joe Silliman does go above and beyond to make sure that the food meets the expectations and we do cater to everyone’s needs when it comes to your big day. Joe does make his rolls from scratch here onsite at Cooper Spur.

Again we are very happy that your husband, you and your guests had a great time here and enjoyed the experience that Cooper Spur Mountain Resort had to offer for you wedding. We look forward to seeing you and your guests in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We rented one of the cabins in mid August for 2 nights. The cabins are very clean, well equipped and the beds are comfortable. As many have noted, because of the dark log interiors it is quite dark inside- I'd suggest stronger lighting if the resort wants to attract more summer business. Also, several windows including at least 1 of the bedrooms did not have screens, and there were flies, moths and mosquitos around so we couldn't just leave windows open. By late night the cabins were nice and cool, but during the day and into early evening they got a bit hot. Still, it was such a beautiful place and the staff is so fabulous these are pretty minor complaints. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: the "honeymoon" cabin is a bit more expensive but has been more updated and is brighter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrpFlorence
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of replacing all of the screens for the units. As for the lighting that many have mentioned we are looking into lighting that will help brighten up the units so that they are not so dark and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Management mixed up our reservations and by the time our group checked in in the evening, the restaurant staff had no idea what we were talking about. Luckily, they were accommodating and provided a cabin perfect for our needs. The cabins are clean and are well equipped with everything you need for cooking. The cabins are a bit dark inside. The grounds are well maintained and there are some nice picnic areas. The restaurant served great food (order the burger) with a nice drink menu.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Stacy F, Marketing at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We would like to apologize for the mix up on your reservation and that we were able to fix it so that you were able to enjoy your stay here with us. Yes all of our cabins are equipped to provide our guests with all of the essentials needed for cooking. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.