“Unlikely to return after 10 years of travel to this location.”
Review of Super 8 Pendleton

Super 8 Pendleton
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Every year in June, my organization books many rooms for our annual convention in Pendleton. We come from all over the state and have enjoyed many of our stays in the past. This year, I had several issues with the Super 8 in Pendleton, but the icing on it all was the disappointment when I realized a large sum of money had been taken from my room. I was careful in considering the possibility that housekeeping may have thought it was a tip as I left it on the table with my personal belongings. However, I had not intended for such a large amount of money to be tipped. When I politely asked a staff member to inquire, she pulled out my signed agreement of stay and read me the part that stated, "Super 8 is not responsible for lost or stolen cash or belongings." She also told me, "nobody would take money that was not intended for them while cleaning my room." I would love to believe this, but unfortunately I will be leaving disappointed and unlikely to return after years of business with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Pendleton

Reviewed 28 November 2011

First the good news. There were no bugs, the TV and air worked great. It went downhill from there. The toilet was plugged up. There was a huge supply of plungers available. Maid service has a complete lack of supervision/motivation/pay. Each guest should be issued cleaning supplies, equipment and plunger on check in. There was a years supply of flotsam under the beds. A white glove would not have made it through the entry door. Sheets and towels were past their last leg. The phone didn't work; no, not at all.

Room Tip: Find a room in another motel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Fairly inexpensive. Room was okay, though our non-smoking room was right across from a smoking room and my daughter with asthma is still coughing up a lung 24 hours later. Was disappointed by the lack of breakfast choices. Only thing warm was waffle, bagel or toast, and the hair on my daughters bagel didn't belong to any of us. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MeridianMom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here for two weeks. The staff is friendly if you don't interrupt their schedule. If you do, expect to get snapped at. The decor is about 30 yrs old and the wifi is antiquated. My room was nonsmoking; however b/c it was under two smoking rooms it was rank with the smell of an ashtray. I never felt clean the whole time there. It could have been the short curly hairs on my tub (not mine) or the roaches crawling across the floor. If we ever go to Pendleton again I'll book earlier and try to negotiate a deal somewhere fresh and clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank xennamom
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed here during a major rodeo event which was fun. I stay here every time i come down for the event. The front desk remembers me every time. I love it. The rooms are nice and the breakfast is a nice addition. When i come to Pendleton, I only stay here. My family likes it as well. I love the indoor pool. And very comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back on the third floor because there is a nicer view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob K
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Really enjoyed my stay room was very clean and the staff was great fun and very helpful. After reading reviews I asked about a microwave and refridgerator as our room had one. They have one in every room. Very nice accomodation for the price. Would definately stay again and again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The room is not the cleanest and no refrig. no microwave... and to top it off to give you the illusion that the room is clean it is sprayed with some room freshner that smells like some old mans perfume. It sucks

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple