“Woke up with bug bites! YIKES!”
Review of Super 8 Pendleton

Super 8 Pendleton
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Oregon
“Woke up with bug bites! YIKES!”
Reviewed 19 December 2009

I noticed some bites on my waist and back in the morning and thought how curious. Put that together with the stained sheets and realized it was probably bed bugs...totally disgusting! Top it with the torn blankets and loud group that stayed up until 3am making noise and it was an overall bad experience. Pretty easy choice: DON'T stay here!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oregon
Reviewed 4 September 2009

Non-smoking room smelled of musty smoke covered by heavy spray. Front desk offered to come spray more. Hot tub was out of order. Took a quick shower and the tub backed up around my feet. Front desk sent totally non-English speaking maid who plunged with no success then left. No further remedy, clean up or explanation. My wet feet left muddy foot prints on the dirty bathroom floor. Checked out after two hours and got our money back. No resistance or apology from the manager. Accidentally left my dress hanging on the back of the bathroom door and went back to get it 3 days later. No one had ever seen it and it was gone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BarelyStandit

Travellers are raving about these Pendleton hotels

Idaho
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My husband, 3 year old son and 7 month old baby and I got in and the first room we had the door would not even close and had no locks as if someone had broken in and had garbage from that last person still in the room also had stains on the sheets. We complained so got a different room. This room I woke up at 4am to feed my baby and found myself covered in bed bugs! I looked at my 3 year old son and husband and they too were covered in bugs. We also notice a bunch of mattresses thrown outside. Guessing because they had a major bed bug outbreak. Worst most horrible experience I have ever had in a motel room in my life!!! I am livid that they booked us a room knowing they were having issues with these bed bugs!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank rachaeldw27
Pendleton, OR
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Awww, go ahead and spend the extra $20-$40 and stay at the Best Western across the street or the Motel 6 down the street or the Red Lion less than a mile away. Here, the sheets are thin, the mattress hard, the pillows like paper, the air conditioner loud and thumpy, and the walls so thin I awoke wondering if someone was in our bathroom. Having read the reviews (some negative, some average, some positive), I reasoned, "How bad could it be?" I found out. You'd think with a name like "Super 8" (superlative in the name with a higher number), it'd be a step up from "Motel 6". Not so much. In fact, I've stayed at a number of Motel 6s with better nights' sleep. The one or two twenties you'd save by staying here, you'd gladly give up in the morning for a better night's sleep. So the upside is that staying at the Super 8 is better than sleeping in the backseat of your car, better than wrapping up in your thin jacket and sleeping against the side of a building, better than a swift kick in the butt...but not by much. And it doesn't help that with tax, the rate they quoted me was $66 (AAA), but when I arrived, they "mistakenly quoted me" that number, but charged me $70 and change. $4 is nothing, unless you had a night like we did. Go ahead. Splurge. Stay somewhere else. My rating? 5 Stars! (out of a hundred).

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StriderWalker
Seattle
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Fine if you want no frills and clean. Stayed 2 nites while attending an event at the Wildhorse Casino. Our room didn't have a working AC unit. It was about 100 degrees outside so that was pretty important. They changed us to a different room right away no problem. Bed was pretty good. Clean, big enough. Good TV reception. A little more $$ than Motel 6, but about the same amenities-wise. Has a make your own waffle maker, but out of syrup. There was a big group of kids (team or something) staying and they used up all the syrup. Another guest told us he's been staying there for years and it's gone downhill a lot. But we were fine and comfortable, although I thought a little high priced for the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PokerQueenQT
Boise, ID
Reviewed 11 April 2009

We recently started our vacation and Pendleton was one of our first stops, not too much to do in town, but we certainly enjoyed our stay in Super 8.
The staff and the manager were very friendly and helpful, the manager actually spent a little time in the lobby talking with us on our way out to dinner, he made the stay very comfortable for us, and we would definitely come back if we are ever in Pendleton again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Oregon Coast
Reviewed 8 October 2008

The beds were very uncomfortable. The Box spring was torn and you could see the inside stuffing ozzing out. Pillows were flat and bad. The smell in the room was like a bug spray or something. Breakfast was good.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family