“Wonderful place to stay”

Oxford Suites Pendleton
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Riverton, Utah
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Seattle. We got there just in time to have a little soup and salad before we went to bed. The weather was very mild and we were able to go for a stroll and pick up some snacks in the Safeway store which was very close by the hotel. Beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet, even though the freeway was conveniently nearby. Great breakfast in the morning was enjoyed by all my family and saved us time and money. Would gladly stay there again!

2 Thank Sherie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So the hotel itself is nice, we stayed in the King Suite with the large soaking tub. The beds are the worst beds I have ever slept on. Both my husband and I slept terrible both nights and woke up so sore. Ironically, the suite boasted premium bedding, yet we found it to be the worst. My husband mentioned this to the lady at the counter after our first night and she said she would look into a different mattress pad, but after a day out we returned to the same miserable bed. The morning breakfast was average, again I was surprised that this was an Oxford Suite hotel, usually the bedding and food are over the top for the price. The evening reception they apparently do not host on Sunday's, even though it is advertised EVERYWHERE! We didn't go on Saturday night, but anticipated to go Sunday, to only learn they do not host the evening reception on Sundays?
I think the final incident that lead to my poor review, as if the bedding wasn't enough, when we checked out Memorial Day morning(hoping someone from Oxford corp reads this) there was a maintenance guy at the reception counter. He wore a stained, bleached polo, and did not fit the part of the image the hotel portrays. However, he was extremely nice and was clearly doing the job his manager had established for him. When he asked how our stay was I told him that the beds were the absolute worst beds I had ever slept in, he was fully untrained in how to handle any complaint so he just smiled and kind of laughed. I would not feel so annoyed, except the apparent manager(blonde lady) was in her office and kept peeking out through our check out, so she could hear everything during our exchange.When I made the complaint, instead of her coming from her office to assist the maintenance man, she actually moved her chair to put her out of my eye sight. WOW, talk about avoiding the responsibility she is there to take care of.
Will not stay here ever again. We spent $285 for the two nights, and feel that we so overpaid for two terrible nights of sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for discussing your concerns with our General Manager, Daniel Stultz. We have shared your feedback with our team, as well as with our corporate office and are taking appropriate measures. At this particular location, we do not offer an evening reception on Sundays, which is notated on our website in various locations. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay and thank you again for sharing your concerns. We can, and will, do better next time, should you choose to visit us again.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Wow. What a great way to end our vacation. On our way home to idaho from the coast my knee swelled up and my husband unexpectedly feel ill
Oxford suites was such a great place to stay. Ana our front desk person was phenomenal. She accommodated us quickly. Our room very very clean. Pool and jacuzzi were just what my knee needed. The bed helped my husband rest well. :) plus the complimentary soft drinks were a great bonus. Thanks again Oxford suites.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie A
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thanks for staying with us! It was our pleasure to serve you and we do hope we'll see you again in the very near future!
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our room was certainly spacious but the design was very much not to our tastes. Locating the wash basin in the sleeping area may work for others but it doesn't for us. When I wake up before my wife and want to shave and dress I cannot do so without disturbing her. In addition, the smaller bath/toilet enclosure was very confining. And, as the hotel chose to have the bathroom door swing shut by design but failed to include an exhaust fan such a small place is not only a bit claustrophobic, it can simply become unpleasant.

We recognized that half of the rooms faced I-84 and asked for a quiet room. The receptionist suggested the middle of the second floor facing the opposite direction. Unfortunately for my tired old legs it was the farthest room from the lobby except for the one above it. When we checked in at about five p.m. I asked about cookies and there were none. When I asked when there might be some I was asked to check back later. When we did so twice there were none and it appeared that my request had been forgotten in the press of business. After dinner out I wanted a sweet so I stopped in the hotel's little shop and was flabbergasted to find that they were offering miniature York Peppermint Patties for the outrageous price of 75 cents each. We buy these at home for much less than that and two days later found them at the R & A cafe in Coulee Dam in the same size vending box for 15 cents apiece. This was, to my mind, inexcusable gouging of a captive audience. I was quite happy to pay $1.50 for a double size Milky Way which was more reasonably priced.

At breakfast the next morning we overheard two women complaining about not being able to sleep because of the highway noise. Fortunately we didn't have that problem. Unfortunately the problem we did have was the meager and shabby breakfast offering in front of us. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and in need of replenishing and the sausage literally had grease standing on it. There were four plain bagels and five or six slices of plain white bread. At this point I went in to share all of these thoughts with the GM (I forgot to mention the candy to him). He listened politely and thanked me for coming in. When I went back to the "restaurant" my wife told me they had put out some blueberries to add to my cereal. When I did add them it was apparent that they had been frozen and were not quite thawed. The pastry offerings remained unchanged. I have no clue what the superb breakfast buffet described by others must have looked like but what we were offered was very disappointing to us.

This.was our first and last visit to Oxford Suites.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a room facing away from the Interstate and, if it is important to you, get one close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MisterBuster
Coupeville, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stopped here a few years ago in an ice storm. This time we were well cared for again..this time for breakfast making a gluten free accommodations. Thank you Brandy the eggs were great!
The hotel took our two small dogs with no problem. The site is near stores and quiet except for the air conditioner in the room which would bring it to three stars. GREAT STAFF!

Room Tip: first floor
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a pleasant surprise. We were moving to Washington State and traveling with our three cats. Our cats were allowed and welcomed in the hotel for a small charge. The hotel was older but the rooms were modernized and very clean. The staff was tremendous, very friendly and provided excellent customer service throughout our stay. We arrived in time for their soup and salad special in the restaurant, lounge area. Very good and satisfying. They also served a morning buffet breakfast which was also quite good. We loved this hotel and if ever returning to Pendleton, OR, we will be staying here.

1 Thank Bill S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My family of 4 including 2 small children stayed here for 5 days and it was wonderful! From the fresh cookies that were out during our arrival, to the evening reception it was wonderful! We especially loved the pool which was very family friendly, and of course the large variety of food at breakfast. The staff was wonderful and very sweet and our cleaning ladies did a amazing job keeping our room in tip top shape. No complaints at all & very sweet/professionalism from everyone. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: We had a standard double bed room and it was large enough for our family. My cousin has stayed at th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family