“What a wonderful hotel!”

Oxford Suites Pendleton
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Lakewood, Washington
“What a wonderful hotel!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Traveling to and from Wyoming I had the great fortune to find this hotel when I stopped in Pendleton. The room was beautifully decorated, everything was spotless. Beds were so comfortable! The hotel staff were courteous and friendly. The breakfast buffet was nice, (eggs, bacon, french toast). On weekdays they offer various snacks and wine and beer in the late afternoon. I would advise getting there early as food and drinks run out quickly. The hotel is close to restaurants, Walmart and Safeway. I plan to stay there again when I travel through Pendleton. I highly recommend this hotel, won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed there twice in 2 different rooms on the 1st floor. They were both delightful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nothing really distinguishes this place from a Comfort Inn or Super 8 type place except that it is a big hotel room compared to most. $100 plus a night. This wasn't at that price point compared to places I have stayed for that rate. Definitely would consider it for a family stay. Pool, large lobby, breakfast and evening drinks included. Not so much for business travel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Third floor end room had trees out the window and was on the freeway side. Quiet and you could keep...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good, larger than average room. Clean room fully appointed. Motel near freeway but fan covered highway noise; this was not a big deal to us. Great breakfast and evening snacks available. Located behind shopping center but only fast food restaurants available there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBN3
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Seattle. We got there just in time to have a little soup and salad before we went to bed. The weather was very mild and we were able to go for a stroll and pick up some snacks in the Safeway store which was very close by the hotel. Beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet, even though the freeway was conveniently nearby. Great breakfast in the morning was enjoyed by all my family and saved us time and money. Would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherie D
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So the hotel itself is nice, we stayed in the King Suite with the large soaking tub. The beds are the worst beds I have ever slept on. Both my husband and I slept terrible both nights and woke up so sore. Ironically, the suite boasted premium bedding, yet we found it to be the worst. My husband mentioned this to the lady at the counter after our first night and she said she would look into a different mattress pad, but after a day out we returned to the same miserable bed. The morning breakfast was average, again I was surprised that this was an Oxford Suite hotel, usually the bedding and food are over the top for the price. The evening reception they apparently do not host on Sunday's, even though it is advertised EVERYWHERE! We didn't go on Saturday night, but anticipated to go Sunday, to only learn they do not host the evening reception on Sundays?
I think the final incident that lead to my poor review, as if the bedding wasn't enough, when we checked out Memorial Day morning(hoping someone from Oxford corp reads this) there was a maintenance guy at the reception counter. He wore a stained, bleached polo, and did not fit the part of the image the hotel portrays. However, he was extremely nice and was clearly doing the job his manager had established for him. When he asked how our stay was I told him that the beds were the absolute worst beds I had ever slept in, he was fully untrained in how to handle any complaint so he just smiled and kind of laughed. I would not feel so annoyed, except the apparent manager(blonde lady) was in her office and kept peeking out through our check out, so she could hear everything during our exchange.When I made the complaint, instead of her coming from her office to assist the maintenance man, she actually moved her chair to put her out of my eye sight. WOW, talk about avoiding the responsibility she is there to take care of.
Will not stay here ever again. We spent $285 for the two nights, and feel that we so overpaid for two terrible nights of sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for discussing your concerns with our General Manager, Daniel Stultz. We have shared your feedback with our team, as well as with our corporate office and are taking appropriate measures. At this particular location, we do not offer an evening reception on Sundays, which is notated on our website in various locations. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay and thank you again for sharing your concerns. We can, and will, do better next time, should you choose to visit us again.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Wow. What a great way to end our vacation. On our way home to idaho from the coast my knee swelled up and my husband unexpectedly feel ill
Oxford suites was such a great place to stay. Ana our front desk person was phenomenal. She accommodated us quickly. Our room very very clean. Pool and jacuzzi were just what my knee needed. The bed helped my husband rest well. :) plus the complimentary soft drinks were a great bonus. Thanks again Oxford suites.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie A
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thanks for staying with us! It was our pleasure to serve you and we do hope we'll see you again in the very near future!
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our room was certainly spacious but the design was very much not to our tastes. Locating the wash basin in the sleeping area may work for others but it doesn't for us. When I wake up before my wife and want to shave and dress I cannot do so without disturbing her. In addition, the smaller bath/toilet enclosure was very confining. And, as the hotel chose to have the bathroom door swing shut by design but failed to include an exhaust fan such a small place is not only a bit claustrophobic, it can simply become unpleasant.

We recognized that half of the rooms faced I-84 and asked for a quiet room. The receptionist suggested the middle of the second floor facing the opposite direction. Unfortunately for my tired old legs it was the farthest room from the lobby except for the one above it. When we checked in at about five p.m. I asked about cookies and there were none. When I asked when there might be some I was asked to check back later. When we did so twice there were none and it appeared that my request had been forgotten in the press of business. After dinner out I wanted a sweet so I stopped in the hotel's little shop and was flabbergasted to find that they were offering miniature York Peppermint Patties for the outrageous price of 75 cents each. We buy these at home for much less than that and two days later found them at the R & A cafe in Coulee Dam in the same size vending box for 15 cents apiece. This was, to my mind, inexcusable gouging of a captive audience. I was quite happy to pay $1.50 for a double size Milky Way which was more reasonably priced.

At breakfast the next morning we overheard two women complaining about not being able to sleep because of the highway noise. Fortunately we didn't have that problem. Unfortunately the problem we did have was the meager and shabby breakfast offering in front of us. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and in need of replenishing and the sausage literally had grease standing on it. There were four plain bagels and five or six slices of plain white bread. At this point I went in to share all of these thoughts with the GM (I forgot to mention the candy to him). He listened politely and thanked me for coming in. When I went back to the "restaurant" my wife told me they had put out some blueberries to add to my cereal. When I did add them it was apparent that they had been frozen and were not quite thawed. The pastry offerings remained unchanged. I have no clue what the superb breakfast buffet described by others must have looked like but what we were offered was very disappointing to us.

This.was our first and last visit to Oxford Suites.

Room Tip: Be sure you get a room facing away from the Interstate and, if it is important to you, get one close...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple