“very nice hotel”

Oxford Suites Pendleton
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 24 June 2014

overnight on trip and really did not expect much. we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and how well it was maintained. I use the small workout facility and found it very adequate. I can certainly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Pendleton

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Traveling to and from Wyoming I had the great fortune to find this hotel when I stopped in Pendleton. The room was beautifully decorated, everything was spotless. Beds were so comfortable! The hotel staff were courteous and friendly. The breakfast buffet was nice, (eggs, bacon, french toast). On weekdays they offer various snacks and wine and beer in the late afternoon. I would advise getting there early as food and drinks run out quickly. The hotel is close to restaurants, Walmart and Safeway. I plan to stay there again when I travel through Pendleton. I highly recommend this hotel, won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed there twice in 2 different rooms on the 1st floor. They were both delightful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nothing really distinguishes this place from a Comfort Inn or Super 8 type place except that it is a big hotel room compared to most. $100 plus a night. This wasn't at that price point compared to places I have stayed for that rate. Definitely would consider it for a family stay. Pool, large lobby, breakfast and evening drinks included. Not so much for business travel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Third floor end room had trees out the window and was on the freeway side. Quiet and you could keep...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good, larger than average room. Clean room fully appointed. Motel near freeway but fan covered highway noise; this was not a big deal to us. Great breakfast and evening snacks available. Located behind shopping center but only fast food restaurants available there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBN3
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Seattle. We got there just in time to have a little soup and salad before we went to bed. The weather was very mild and we were able to go for a stroll and pick up some snacks in the Safeway store which was very close by the hotel. Beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet, even though the freeway was conveniently nearby. Great breakfast in the morning was enjoyed by all my family and saved us time and money. Would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherie D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So the hotel itself is nice, we stayed in the King Suite with the large soaking tub. The beds are the worst beds I have ever slept on. Both my husband and I slept terrible both nights and woke up so sore. Ironically, the suite boasted premium bedding, yet we found it to be the worst. My husband mentioned this to the lady at the counter after our first night and she said she would look into a different mattress pad, but after a day out we returned to the same miserable bed. The morning breakfast was average, again I was surprised that this was an Oxford Suite hotel, usually the bedding and food are over the top for the price. The evening reception they apparently do not host on Sunday's, even though it is advertised EVERYWHERE! We didn't go on Saturday night, but anticipated to go Sunday, to only learn they do not host the evening reception on Sundays?
I think the final incident that lead to my poor review, as if the bedding wasn't enough, when we checked out Memorial Day morning(hoping someone from Oxford corp reads this) there was a maintenance guy at the reception counter. He wore a stained, bleached polo, and did not fit the part of the image the hotel portrays. However, he was extremely nice and was clearly doing the job his manager had established for him. When he asked how our stay was I told him that the beds were the absolute worst beds I had ever slept in, he was fully untrained in how to handle any complaint so he just smiled and kind of laughed. I would not feel so annoyed, except the apparent manager(blonde lady) was in her office and kept peeking out through our check out, so she could hear everything during our exchange.When I made the complaint, instead of her coming from her office to assist the maintenance man, she actually moved her chair to put her out of my eye sight. WOW, talk about avoiding the responsibility she is there to take care of.
Will not stay here ever again. We spent $285 for the two nights, and feel that we so overpaid for two terrible nights of sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thanks for discussing your concerns with our General Manager, Daniel Stultz. We have shared your feedback with our team, as well as with our corporate office and are taking appropriate measures. At this particular location, we do not offer an evening reception on Sundays, which is notated on our website in various locations. We are truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay and thank you again for sharing your concerns. We can, and will, do better next time, should you choose to visit us again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Wow. What a great way to end our vacation. On our way home to idaho from the coast my knee swelled up and my husband unexpectedly feel ill
Oxford suites was such a great place to stay. Ana our front desk person was phenomenal. She accommodated us quickly. Our room very very clean. Pool and jacuzzi were just what my knee needed. The bed helped my husband rest well. :) plus the complimentary soft drinks were a great bonus. Thanks again Oxford suites.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie A
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for staying with us! It was our pleasure to serve you and we do hope we'll see you again in the very near future!