“Amazing Decor”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is one of the most unique places to eat. The western style décor is gorgeous - tin ceilings, bank teller cages, great back bar and unusual art work. It's worth stopping here just to see the décor.

The food was excellent, but I do have a bone to pick with TA and the menu shown above. I went expecting to have the Mom's Meatloaf shown on the above menu. Nope!!!! They only have that in the winter!!!!! Opted for the liver and onions and it was excellent. Although it didn't come with the gravy which was listed on the menu. My wife had the mushroom chicken with fried potatoes and real, well-cooked green beans.

In looking at prices on the menu, it seems a little pricey. Prime rib, 10 oz was $39 - ouch. Steaks were comparably high. Must be paying for the décor.

All and all a neat place to visit and eat.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The food was good. A little spendy. Loved the wood work thought out the restaurant. Great for a family meal or just to meet and have drinks.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The JJ Filet is excellent! It is served with mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans. Perfectly prepared! The atmosphere is fine dinning but you feel totally comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt. The building itself is gorgeous. Lots of polished wood and brass, beautiful bar, a fantastic stained glass dragonfly chandelier, and delightful semi nude/nude paintings in the restrooms.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, we went to a steak house and ordered ribs!!! They were the special on Monday evening. They were so-so. I had a lot of little pieces in my half rack and my husband had a bunch of large ribs in his full rack. We ordered a martini before dinner and split a Caesar salad.....we barely got our drinks and the salad came, and didn't even finish our salad and the ribs came.
Waitress was nice but didn't control the serving time...maybe she needed more experience? Ambiance was nice...we had a booth and it was large enough so my husband and I could sit side by side....sweet, huh?

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is a must visit! There was live country music just outside the front doors, which made it even more exciting. The building is beautiful and the historical artifacts and Tiffany lighting contribute to the ambiance of this beautiful restaurant. We each ordered something different and all the meals were delicious. It can get a little loud, but that's because everyone is having a wonderful time. The burgers and chicken friend steak are great!

Been to Hamley Steakhouse & Saloon? Share your experiences!