“Highly disappointed!!!”

Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Exquisite cuisine, extraordinary views and attentive service is what you will find at Plateau. Our Chefs are masters the art of food using fresh local ingredients & attention to detail. Plateau showcases local wines from Oregon and the Walla Walla Valley making your dining experience one to remember!
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After reading so many good reviews about this pace, my girlfriend and I decided to try to place as it is supposed to be a nice place. I, myself work in the food industry and like to go to nice places. Let start by saying the wine list is great. The food, not so much.
First off it took almost 5 min for someone to water and bread the table. Unheard of in a so called "fine dining" establishment.
We first order the calamari which was decent. However, half of the tempura batter on the calamari wasn't cooked off and was clumped to together.
My girlfriend order the 4 oz salmon. It came on this tiny playa. It didn't look to be 4 oz and was super salty. It looked more like an appetizer portion, as our plate of calamari was substantially bigger.
Myself, I ordered the the 1/2 rack of lamb. There was no color to the plate. A tone of beige!! I ordered it med-rare. I cut into it and it was raw and cold inside. It looked like they just put it in the microwave. I never send food back but working in the food industry, myself, I just couldn't bear eating it.
It arrived a second time cooked better but on another tiny plate!! The first plate was a 12" in square.
The only saving grace was that they comped my lamb and offered to send a dessert out. At that point I wasn't excited to see what they had in store dessert wise. As a whole the dining experience was so lackluster for claiming to be a "fine dining" option. I am sorry to say, I will not be returning to the restaurant.

1  Thank Patrick K
Wildhorse R, Chef at Plateau Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We certainly apologize for falling short on your expectations of the meal. Striving for consistency in a restaurant, as you know, is more often than not the most difficult part of the process. We will take note and make every effort in constantly improving. The doctrine of our staff is the constant respect of the foodstuff we procure from receiving to service, thereby in respecting our guest by delivering the finest product of which we are capable. Again, my apologies for your experience and we do hope you will reconsider dining with us at another time.

Josh McQueen
Plateau Chef

There are newer reviews for Plateau Fine Dining

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had such a nice time here. I loved my dinner, and others in my party liked theirs too. I loved the bread and flavored butters, just a nice extra touch. Staff was attentive, and the view is gorgeous. How is this place rated lower than Cimmiyotti's? I wonder if people know it is there above the casino. Definitely not the ordinary casino meal. Very nice furnishings, cloth napkins, etc, but we didn't feel out of place in our casual clothes.

Wildhorse R, Community Relations at Plateau Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you found Plateau to be all you expected and more. We strive to have a diverse and delicious menu featuring fresh local ingredients, for that reason, our menu changes seasonally. Please come back and see us again soon!

Community Relations

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Good selection of beers and food options and all reasonable and later that night one helluva band for classic upbeat rock and roll which an old geezer could remember!

Wildhorse R, Community Relations at Plateau Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Greg,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sports Bar! We try to keep the bands fresh and lively from week to week though Classic Rock is always a favorite. We hope to see you back again soon!

Tiah

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and go to the Plateau when we want local fine dining. Although short, the chef always has a great menu prepared using seasonal and locally sourced food. There are usually a handful of meals or the option for a tapas type dining experience. The restaurant is really a jacket and tie type of affair, but they are not too picky about it since it is attached to the casino/resort. It was well thought out with mood lighting and wonderful view of the sweeping valley back dropped by the Blue Mountains. The service staff is top notch.

Michael,

I am so glad you enjoyed Plateau. You are correct that we try to always have fresh local options on the menu so check back with us throughout the year! The menu is ever changing with what is in season!

Community Relations

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hey
It's kind of a sports bar... You can get a glass of wine and watch football. Nothing wrong with that

Wildhorse R, Community Relations at Plateau Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for your review. With 18 big screen TVs, a full bar and a full menu, we certainly hope you were able to find what you were looking for at our Sports Bar. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself which is our ultimate goal! We look forward to having you return soon!

Community Realtions