“1895 Review”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Working Girls Hotel
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Been driving cattle across the high desert and hit Pendleton with a pocket full of coins and a mean appetite. The Working Girls Hotel was a welcome sight. First I hit the saloon on the first floor for a belly full of rot gut. That got my fire going. Next I needed a room. Madame Saturnalia got me set up in a damn fine room and showed me some of the talented ladies she had on staff. There were a lot of customers fighting for attention but a short plump girl with a cute bob caught my eye. She looked cheap. She took me to my room and drew me a fine bath. I took a bottle a bourbon up the room and smoked a stogie while the water was drawing in the tub. I don't remember much after that, except my purse was a lot lighter.

2011 Review: I saw this hotel on tripadvisor and looked interesting and near where I had a meeting the next day. Unfortunately the office hours are short this time of year and the phone was the only way to see about a room. They were closed so I decided to wait until the day of to see if I could get a room.

I could get a room. I spoke with Brooke and she set me up with the suite and informed me that I was the only guest. Getting in was a little tricky and luckily persistence paid off. The suite was in the corner and had very high ceilings and room to move. I understand it used to be a bordello, but I swear there were no ladies in my bed last night!

Pluses were that it is a unique property and it was clean and comfortable. There was a TV that I didn't turn on. I parked right in front on the street (and street parking is all there is as far as I could tell), and there was a bakery across the street.

Minuses are few, the street noise was there. Winter means studded tires. Traffic was light, though. The heat was central in the building and came on every 20 minutes or so. Light sleepers wear ear plugs. A slight minus (aside the lack of ladies) was the bathroom was put together on a budget, so doesn't match the decor and there wasn't a door that I remember between room and spacious suite...so showering was a mite chilly.

Overall I am very pleased with my stay. The price was an excellent value and I appreciated what little interaction I had with staff (mostly because I arrived late). I kind of wish I was here in 1895.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
22  Thank RandyEugene
There are newer reviews for Working Girls Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2011

If you have never stayed (or even been) in a bordello, this is the place for you. Located next door to the famous Pendleton Underground Tours (very well worth a visit), this tastefully updated, former "boarding house" is utterly charming. Originally built in the late 1890s, the hotel has hard-wood floors and 18 foot ceilings; the furnishings are Victorian; and there are comfy beds and excellent air conditioning. While there is no restaurant or cafe in the hotel, there is a kitchen and plenty of near-by eateries and drinkeries, including a bakery directly across the street. Like other Tripadvisor reviewers, our party of 4 had the hotel to ourselves. There is nothing bland or ordinary about this hotel. It's a gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank JohnPGrant
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We spent one night here (in the suite) and wished we had the time to stay longer. Had great vibes - super cool and clean - tons of personality. One of our best hotel experiences ever. Pendleton, itself was also a pleasant surpise. Cool town worth exploring. Warning - the IPA at Prodigal Sons Brewing company sneaks up on you PDQ :) They did not have kitchen type stuff in the room, but did have a sepatrater kitchen, dining area and laundry room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We stayed two nights in the suite. The first night there was one other guest, and the second night we had the entire place to ourselves. The decor is very charming with beautiful antiques, period wallpaper and lace curtains. Our bed was very comfortable, and there were plenty of towels and other thoughtful items in the attached bathroom. The underground tour (same owner) was interesting and informative. This was our first time to the area, so we drove up to Walla Walla for lunch and explored a few wineries. Had dinner at both steakhouses in town and enjoyed the coffee/wine shop across from the hotel. We would recommend this hotel for its location (easy walk to shops and restaurants in town), and for it's charm.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tougo
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We have stayed in other former "places of negotiable affection" (Flagstaff, AZ; Madrid, Spain) simply because they usually have a lot more character. The Working Girls is no exception. Booking was by phone from France - you have to be persistent, especially with the 9 hour difference, but went smoothly. We arrived late in the evening and found found a note on our door welcoming us and explaining the facilities (kitchen, lounge, dining room and laundry).

We had booked the suite, which was perfect, with period furniture. The whole place is furnished well, very spacious and very comfortable. A really good find.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jp_from_paris
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Husband and I and another couple just returned from a one-night stay in this amazing hotel. It really was a 'working girls' hotel years ago, and it has been lovingly and carefully restored to its beauty. There are 5 rooms--2 are a suite with their own bathroom--and two bathrooms in the hall. All are on the second floor...you must climb the "31 stairs to paradise" to get there. Husband and I had a room furnished in the decor of the time, with very tall ceilings, very comfy bed. The second floor also has a parlor, a kitchen, a dining room and a couple of private apts.
It is totally non-smoking, and children are not allowed because of the antiques.
It is very safe--you are given a code to punch in at the main door as well as your room key. Our bathroom was huge and the shower was great.
If you love history, this is the place to stay. We think it's one of Oregon's best-kept secrets!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DaisyDancer
Reviewed 16 November 2008

They were a little hard to get a hold of at first, but once we'd contacted them, they were wonderful to work with. They helped us find our way when we were lost, and gave us directions to the restraunt we'd chosen for dinner. The hotel itself had very neat paintings of historic Pendleton places/people. The rooms large, with giant ceilings & exposed brick. The bathrooms had his/ hers toilets. The decor was very cute. Our first day there, we hit the Underground Tour, which gave you a little more insight into the hotel where we were staying, and other interesting Pendleton secrets.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank BoiseDuo