“Good food, prices are over the top”
Review of Stetson's House of Prime - CLOSED

Stetson's House of Prime
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Pendleton, Oregon
“Good food, prices are over the top”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food was not bad, nice presentation and prompt service. The pricing is over board though. I understand they are moving to Hermiston. Great deal for Hermiston but I do hope they consider bringing the price point down.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tizmyn

Belmont, California
“Just not quite”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Came in on a Sunday evening, place was empty, maybe should have been a sign? After the one table that had people in it left we were solo in the place. Ordered drinks and I have to admit the bourbon on the rocks was at least a double plus, and I ordered top shelf not well bourbon, wife ordered a glass of wine and it was a very generous pour also. Warm bread was very good, salads just your run of the mill ice burg lettuce nothing special.

Steaks just were not prime meat for the $$$$ charged, my 10 oz. New York strip $28.95 was cooked as asked, just not a very flavorful piece of beef. My wife ordered her tenderloin steak i.e. Filet mignon $ 39.95 between med. rare and rare it came to table blue. Sent back for more cooking came back still blue to rare, sent back again came back well. With that she lost her appetite and ate only the sides. Green beans were very salty, made with I believe hamhocks and very salty, potatoes were tasty.

Owner did offer us a free or discount on wife's steak. We opted for 50 percent off as opposed to free which he did offer, however we felt we should at least pay half and not make him foot her whole bill.

Our server was the most awesome young man and really did try his best to make everything right.

I would have to say though for the same money go across the street to Hamley's, they do it right.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lou K
Ogden, Utah
“Great food.,.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very good food, everything came just as we had requested. The only downfall was the group behind us was very noisy.

Visited May 2014
Tooele, Utah
“OK for the price”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The $10 martini was a full glass. The food portions were plentiful. The price was a bit high for the quality, although everything was tasty. The service was very good.

Visited March 2014
Prince George, Canada
“Very expensive, poor quality of food.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This restaurant was suggested to us by our hotel, it was not our best experience. Our server was very attentive but she was the only saving grace. I ordered their specialty smoked steak medium-rare. It came overdone, dry and tough, the mashed potatoes were also dry and not hot and the vegetable was frozen green beans. My husband had a roasted vegetable salad with beef. His beef was a bit better but the overall his meal was not that appealing especially because bagged "bunny love" carrots were used. A new steak was offered but I declined so management gave us one bowl of ice cream as a peace offering. The glass of wine I had was a generous serving but a bill of $65.00 was much too expensive for this meal. It is about $20.00 more than we have paid for very delicious dinners in other restaurants.

• Visited March 2014