“Overpriced and disappointing...”

Good for: Romantic
Seattle, Washington
“Overpriced and disappointing...”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I decided to eat here to celebrate our anniversary while traveling through the area and were both disappointed. The location is downtown Pendleton and easy to find. Restaurant interior has seen better days.

We both ordered prime rib, which was just "OK". It came with mashed red potatoes (good) and CANNED green beans -- really?? Canned green beans! For the price of our meals and given that it's summer and there's an abundance of fresh produce available, why serve anything that's canned?

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank M W

Pendleton, Oregon
“Good food, prices are over the top”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food was not bad, nice presentation and prompt service. The pricing is over board though. I understand they are moving to Hermiston. Great deal for Hermiston but I do hope they consider bringing the price point down.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tizmyn
Belmont, California
“Just not quite”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Came in on a Sunday evening, place was empty, maybe should have been a sign? After the one table that had people in it left we were solo in the place. Ordered drinks and I have to admit the bourbon on the rocks was at least a double plus, and I ordered top shelf not well bourbon, wife ordered a glass of wine and it was a very generous pour also. Warm bread was very good, salads just your run of the mill ice burg lettuce nothing special.

Steaks just were not prime meat for the $$$$ charged, my 10 oz. New York strip $28.95 was cooked as asked, just not a very flavorful piece of beef. My wife ordered her tenderloin steak i.e. Filet mignon $ 39.95 between med. rare and rare it came to table blue. Sent back for more cooking came back still blue to rare, sent back again came back well. With that she lost her appetite and ate only the sides. Green beans were very salty, made with I believe hamhocks and very salty, potatoes were tasty.

Owner did offer us a free or discount on wife's steak. We opted for 50 percent off as opposed to free which he did offer, however we felt we should at least pay half and not make him foot her whole bill.

Our server was the most awesome young man and really did try his best to make everything right.

I would have to say though for the same money go across the street to Hamley's, they do it right.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lou K
Ogden, Utah
“Great food.,.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very good food, everything came just as we had requested. The only downfall was the group behind us was very noisy.

Visited May 2014
Tooele, Utah
“OK for the price”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The $10 martini was a full glass. The food portions were plentiful. The price was a bit high for the quality, although everything was tasty. The service was very good.

Visited March 2014