“Romance for two or Fun for a Group!”

Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A classic steakhouse located in the heart of downtown Pendleton. A Pendleton Tradition since 1959. Virgil's at Cimmiyottis is commited to blessing our guests and community through impeccable food and legendary service. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience each and every time they visit us. We use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients. Join us for a delicious meal and great atmosphere! FAMOUS FOR STEAKS!
Pendleton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romance for two or Fun for a Group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

e are greeted at Cimmiyotti's like family and treated with warmth by all restaurant staff. The Filet Mignon is so decadent I'm in heaven. The service has just the right touch of sophistication. You hear, "Oh it 's my pleasure. What else would you like?" many times from staff. You feel you have stepped back in time to a wonderful place when people did not have cell phones and actually talk to each other. We have celebrated anniversaries here, yet enjoy large gatherings at this restaurant. You can be tucked away at a very private table or ask to sit right in the middle of the action! If you want a consistently lovely meal and comfortable conversation go to Virgil's at Cimmiyottis! The owner, Jennifer Keeton will greet you and seal the deal of a superbly exclusive evening!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gwen F

Corbett, Oregon
“Everything We Love About Pendleton Can Be Found Right Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Everything you could want in a Restaurant in this Historical Town. Hands down the best Hostess ANYWHERE. Jennifer is an amazing hands on owner, who not only greets you with the warmth you'd expect in Pendleton, but treats you like your her only diner.
I could not have been more impressed with her when a patron was trying to juggle a baby in her lap and eat, Jennifer with sincere joy cradled the baby like her own for a tour of the restaurant. <chuckles> She never missed a beat, schmoozing with the diners, always on eye on everything, with baby safely in hand allowing the woman to enjoy her meal.
The ambiance is everything the Front Desk at our Motel promised it would be. The decor is true old Pendleton, right down to the red velvet and brick walls. The food was equally well done, Ribeye was PERFECT and I might add a full $20 + less then Pendleton's "famous" steakhouse, the pasta was just as good, had mine with shrimp and portabellas, cooked just right. The drinks were plentiful and the lovely old bar classy. The only improvement I might make is the bread, which was plentiful and tasty but a little upgrade there would be nice. Otherwise I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING!
A little whimsy included by way of a cribbage board and deck of cards on our table! Which after looking at each other with that "cards really?" look on our faces we happily played a game! What fun we had!
While there are many dining choices in Pendleton and we have tried a few these place feels and tastes like Pendleton should. The warm and welcoming hospitality cannot be beat anywhere, a don't miss in Pendleton.
Sit near the bar in the front for the best of the best.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Angie K
West Linn, Oregon
“Nice classic Steakhouse!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great food and even BETTER service! Everything from the crab cake appetizer to the salad, to our yummy beef dinners was great.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rhonda V
Astoria, Oregon
“I have a new favorite restaurant in Pendleton, Oregon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We travel to Pendleton quite a bit and, if our stay is long, sometimes the dining experiences just run together. What a wonderful surprise to fall into Cimmiyotti's. You can't miss the red velvet walls, big bar and wonderful western art as soon as you open the door. The hostesses (and they do seem to be all women) are knowledgeable, funny and prompt.

Play cards or cribbage while you wait (although there really isn't enough time before dinner).

The menu contains nice surprises, such as a rich Osso Bucco, steak Oscar, Italian favorites and more. While my oh-so-tender Osso was rocking with Pendleton Whisky sauce (smells and tastes divine with root beer, coffee and bbq overtones), the star of the meal almost was the sun-dried tomato-Florentine soup, which I had to stop slurping down so I could sample the rest of my meal. It was more than a cup, full of chunky goodness, not too sweet (my pet peeve and well played by Sarah, our server) and could have been a meal on its own.

The drinks were well poured, but not overly generous. The bread and nibblings beforehand were tasty. I must go back for some of their unique appetizers, such as avocado sticks.

Three more nights in town, this trip. I know we'll be back at least once. I'm just hoping the two flights of hotel stairs I'm climbing myriad times a day helps to offset the lust with which I consumed this meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank L_Sellers-Earl
Belmont, California
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Warm greating when entering and what awesome decor, Virgil's is an old converted brothel and the decor reflects the days of the old west. We were greated at the door as soon as we came in. Drink orders taken and the bartender actually suggested a nice bourbon that I had not heard of as a substitute for my normal Maker's Mark. Not because they didn't have my brand but she wanted me to experience something different.

Waitress was on top of her game and very attentive, however not to the point of being a pest. The food above average and a very fair price. We will definitely return and recommend to others.

Fun, Great Service, Good Food, at a fair price, what more could you ask for?

• Visited June 2013