“Great service for a bunch of golfers”

Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A classic steakhouse located in the heart of downtown Pendleton. A Pendleton Tradition since 1959. Virgil's at Cimmiyottis is commited to blessing our guests and community through impeccable food and legendary service. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience each and every time they visit us. We use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients. Join us for a delicious meal and great atmosphere! FAMOUS FOR STEAKS!
Idaho
“Great service for a bunch of golfers”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had dinner with 7 other golfing buddies. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The atmosphere as noted in other reviews is very old school and somewhat dated, but clean nonetheless. The menu is quite varied, with a good range of selections. We tried the bacon wrapped date appetizer and they were surprisingly good and interesting. The prime rib special was outstanding, well seasoned and prepared perfectly to the medium rare that was ordered. I would definitely go back if in Pendleton.

1 Thank IdahoStump

Newberg, Oregon
“Great food, awesome bar tender!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I ate here on Friday night the 18th, and the food, atmosphere, and service was great. The bread and olive oil infused with roasted garlic, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar was awesome. My Cajun NY steak was flavorful and cooked perfectly. My wife's oysters were were a little crisper than she normally makes them at home, but they were very good. The bar tender was second to none. She has to be their best bar tender as she never missed a beat, was very pleasant, and kept the bar very clean while the place was slammed. We will be back.

Pendleton, Oregon, United States
“Old School Atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I have gone here every year for our anniversary for the past several years. Love the atmosphere...amazing ambiance for dinner and terrific food & service.

• Visited May 2013
Rock Creek
“Excellent, once again”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We ate here last fall (November 2013) and were very impressed with the quality of the food. Our only complaint last visit was that the mushrooms in the Steak Dianne seemed to be canned. This time, we were ready to spend a bit more time browsing the menu, and we were not disappointed. It seems the chef has stepped up his game in the last few months. My partner had a special - Veal Marsala. We've had this dish in many different restaurants and this version was top of the list. The sauce was rich and creamy with FRESH mushrooms. The baked potato side dish was hit. Charred and balsamic drizzled Brussels sprouts rounded out a fine entree. I had the "Osso Bucco", and I read the description, recognizing this is in fact a pork hock. Osso Bucco is cross cut veal shank, not pork. In spite of this misnaming I knew what I was getting and was not disappointed. The caramelized Pendleton (whisky, I presume) cream sauce was outstanding. I chose rice as a side and and the same caramelized sprouts to complete the entree. I don't care what they call this dish, it is amazing. I finished with a lemon mousse, just right tartness, but I could have skipped the cream topping, but if you like that it was nice too. A very nice wine list, mostly Columbia Valley wines, provided us with an excellent Cab Sauv (I only recall "2B" in the name). We'll be beck next time we pass through Pendleton.

1 Thank wegetaround_42
Beaverton, Oregon
“Classy experience”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I'm from out of town but visit my parents, who live in Pendleton often. We always have dinner at Cimmiyotti's for a special occasion. The dinner, atmosphere and staff are always wonderful!

• Visited March 2014