“Unbelievable!”

Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A classic steakhouse located in the heart of downtown Pendleton. A Pendleton Tradition since 1959. Virgil's at Cimmiyottis is commited to blessing our guests and community through impeccable food and legendary service. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best experience each and every time they visit us. We use only the freshest, finest quality ingredients. Join us for a delicious meal and great atmosphere! FAMOUS FOR STEAKS!
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The title of this review says it all....unbelievable! We live a short distance from Pendleton and have heard of Cimmiyotti's for many years...but never tried them. Last night my wife and I were celebrating her birthday and decided to try a restaurant that was completely new to us and chose Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's. From the moment of entering the restaurant we felt welcomed and were immediately taken to a very nice table complete with flowers, tablecloth, center cloth and....a deck of cards and a cribbage set. We did not have time to play though because we were taken care of so efficiently that we received course after course right on time. Service could not have been friendlier or more efficient. There was a large waitstaff on duty and, although they were busy, we felt like we were the only patrons there. Warm bread was served a garlic-vinigar-oil dip that was truly good and accompanying it was a very nice little vegetable tray with a really good dipping sauce. There were several appetizers to choose from but we took the waitresses' suggestion and had the tempura asparagus..wonderful. I chose the rib eye with baked potato (came with baby asparagus) and my wife (the birthday girl) had blackened Prime Rib with Lobster and Sweet Potato Fries. Choice of soup or salad and I had the Seafood Chowder and it had to rank with the best I have ever eaten and my wife had a very beautiful and delicious dinner salad. Our meas came out hot and beautiful. Just looking at the Prime Rib and the Rib Eye you could see perfection and they were perfect in every way. They were much larger than I expected and I wished I had not filled up on that great bread but we were able to take them home and feasted on them today. We plan to make this at least a monthly visit and I would like to try everything on their menu. I can not say enough about this fine restaurant...you have to try it!

2  Thank JesseGriffin

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Okay, wait for it...Steak with Crab and Bernaise Sauce, a citrusy perfectly al dente asparagus, a side of fettuccine alfredo, and the wines were heavenly (we enjoyed a malbec and a temperanillo). The hot bread with rosemary, olive oil and basalmic was the perfect start to an evening of gastronomic heaven. The Caesar salad was perfect dressed and crisp as a winter day, and the steaks were cooked to perfection. The creme brulee that we chose to finish the meal was perfectly creamy, the lovely hardened burnt sugar topper a joy to crack open! We'll seek out Virgil's at Cimmiyyotti's whenever we're in reasonable range of Pendleton every time! Thanks to our lovely waitstaff...brimming with smiles and personality! The upscale old saloon red and black decor were perfect and we snapped selfies all around the restaurant! Divine decor! A step back in time.

3  Thank TeamRealMcCoy
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had dinner with 7 other golfing buddies. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The atmosphere as noted in other reviews is very old school and somewhat dated, but clean nonetheless. The menu is quite varied, with a good range of selections. We tried the bacon wrapped date appetizer and they were surprisingly good and interesting. The prime rib special was outstanding, well seasoned and prepared perfectly to the medium rare that was ordered. I would definitely go back if in Pendleton.

1  Thank IdahoStump
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I ate here on Friday night the 18th, and the food, atmosphere, and service was great. The bread and olive oil infused with roasted garlic, rosemary, and balsamic vinegar was awesome. My Cajun NY steak was flavorful and cooked perfectly. My wife's oysters were were a little crisper than she normally makes them at home, but they were very good. The bar tender was second to none. She has to be their best bar tender as she never missed a beat, was very pleasant, and kept the bar very clean while the place was slammed. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I have gone here every year for our anniversary for the past several years. Love the atmosphere...amazing ambiance for dinner and terrific food & service.

Been to Virgil's At Cimmiyotti's? Share your experiences!