“Great breakfast stop”

Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1996 we provide hand crafted comfort food for breakfast lunch and dinner. We are known for our homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. Our house made hashbrowns and buttermilk pancake recipe make our breakfasts unbeatable. Breakfast available until 3pm! Lunch/Dinner menus begin at 10am. Free beverage refills to-go to please the local and traveler alike. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We pulled in here for breakfast Sunday as we were heading back from a weekend of camping. It had room for trailer parking which was the main criteria for my husband. The food was terrific, homemade salsa was fantastic and I liked that they served everything on Fiesta dishes :)
We'd definitely eat here again when we're in town!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you are looking for a home cooked meal tis is the place. My husband had the chicken fried steak and I had chicken Marsala and they were both delicious!! Yumm!!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Love their breakfasts. The french toast is awesome, it's rolled in corn flakes, yum. They have awesome homemade chicken noodle soup, great bread. Always try and eat here when we are in town.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Turning south on Hwy 395 from I84 in Pendelton the "Services" sign at the offramp listed a whole bunch of national chain restaurants with the exception of Roosters. Trying not to use those mass market chains with low bid food my choice was obvious. The signage could be improved to indicate where to turn off Highway 395, but a simple u-turn at the next intersection fixed that. Plenty of parking for my travel trailer which was in tow.

Greeting inside was prompt and friendly, seating was prompt. We were told that even though it was mid-day the whole menu was available, breakfast through dinner. Ordered a Patty Melt on dark rye & found it very enjoyable. Had salad instead of fries, crisp & fresh. Temptation overruled reason and I had a Strawberry Shake made with real scooped ice cream. They brought the remainder in a metal cup and a spoon, good thing, the chunks of real Strawberries clogged the straw. It was like traveling in the 1950's with my parents all over again.

The waitress did mention the homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, sorry I missed that, maybe next time, I'll be back next time I pass that way. A great break from the great American chain restaurant, substantial, fresh, well prepared food.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Great home cooking! The pot roast and chicken noodle soup rock! You also have to try an old fashioned shake and some marionberry crisp warmed with vanilla ice cream! Loved it! Going for breakfast tomorrow! Only in town one night but wish we could take some home!

Been to Roosters Country Kitchen? Share your experiences!