“Poor service, Average Brew”

The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pendleton, Oregon
“Poor service, Average Brew”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We brought our visitor to the Prodigal Son because he likes Micro Brew. We were a little alarmed at the odor, sort of a cross between stale beer and pine cleaner. The place is a old warehouse so we ignored the smell. we found a table by the bar and after a short wait the server cam and asked for our order. I had a "Beer named Sue" and my friend had a Max Power, and my wife had a glass of wine. after about 5 minutes our drinks arrived. My Brew tasted stale barely drinkable, my friends Max power was fine and my wife wine was terrible. When our server returned my wife complained that the wine tasted bad, the server simply said if you want something different you will have to pay for it. Not to embarrass my friend or wife I said fine please bring her a different drink (not sure what she ordered) and some water. I only had the one beer and my wife had returned her first glass of wine and had a different choice and my friend had a second drink. When we left we were charged for both glasses of wine. The server was very indifferent. We will not return because the is much better beer and atmosphere at other places in Pendleton.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Oregongolfer

Canby, Oregon
“nice suprise”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We had a late lunch there. Not the usual pub fare. I'm not a big hamburger person but the one my husband and I shared was really good. Fresh cut sweet potatoes that were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. We watched the food as it was coming out to the tables and decided we need to come back and try everything.

Visited November 2012
Elkton, Oregon
“Nice lunch spot”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Had a great lunch here with my wife. My only regret was that I was in the middle of a business trip and could not partake of any of their fine brews. I did, however, have an excellent glass of lemonade!

Visited October 2012
Happy Valley, Oregon
“Should have gone back here for dinner”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My wife and I ate here for lunch when we first rolled into town, based on the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. I had the highly recommended reuben sandwich and she had a plate of assorted meats, cheeses, pickled vegetables, bread, etc. The sandwich was excellent. My wife had so much food, we took it with us and had the leftovers for lunch the next day when we went wine tasting. Later that night, we were so disappointed in our meal at Big John's Pizza (see my other review), that I wish we had gone back to Prodical Son for dinner that night instead.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KenAndBarbie
“A diamond in the rough”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Killer Reuben and Pup salad. Definitely worth a visit. Jen was a great waitress. She was both attentive and personable. We also recommend the cider which is produced locally.