“Comfort food, great atmosphere and awesome beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Prodigal Son Brewery and Pub
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, ID
“Comfort food, great atmosphere and awesome beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in pendleton on our way to Portland and found this place through trip advisor. Didn't disappoint! I had a burger and my husband had the Buffalo chicken sandwich, both were great for pub food their beer is wonderful and it's very much a family place to. Genius idea - they have a kid room!! Would definitely come back again....

Oregon
“Fried green tomato BLT - yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best food that I had on my recent trip to Pendleton. They have some very unique and fun items on the menu. Onion rings were so very good. I am a hefeweizen fan and theirs, made with local wheat, was darker than normal and extremely refreshing in the hot weather.

Visited August 2014
Baltimore, Maryland USA
“Good food, good beer, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were just passing through Pendleton and checked out a few restaurants online. This had good reviews and a brewery too. So we went there, the place was busy with a mixed crowd of families with kids, singles, couples, etc. Very nice homey/neighborhood/small town kind of atmosphere in a large old building.
We just needed something tasty and quick so I ordered their Valcar's Revenge burger (bacon, blue cheese, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions) and my wife ordered some chicken wings and their Pub salad (Fresh goat cheese, toasted hazelnuts, sliced apples and mixed greens with homemade cider vinaigrette).
I also ordered a couple of their own Ella India Pale Ales ("Featuring Warrior and Cascade hops for bittering, Ella is also dry-hopped with Centennial for aroma.The grain bill includes floor malted Maris Otter barley from the United Kingdom, Melanoidin and Crystal malts").
A good way of telling if a restaurant is good is getting their basic burger wings and salad--Theirs was very good, very satisfying and tasty. My wife said the Pub Salad had a nice mix of sweet and savory flavors and textures. My burger hit the spot with the caramelized onions and blue cheese and hefty portion of beef.
Their beer, the Ella IPA, was great! I would put that in my hydration backpack and drink it hiking around in circles until I fell over. I'm a fan of IPA's and that was smooth with the right amount of bite. I wish I could get that on the east coast where I live.
I would definitely recommend this place to get a good meal and some excellent fresh beer.

• Visited August 2014
Grand Ronde, Oregon
“Best Spot in Pendleton for Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

As the only brewery option in Pendleton, Prodigal Son will satisfy those seeking relief from the taste-bud numbing Bud and Bud Light that is ubiquitous in the town.
I only stop by there once or twice a year while doing business in Pendleton, and in general have never been disappointing. My last visit was on a Friday night, and there were some cocky cowboy types looking for trouble. One of them urinated on the ground just outside the brewery. But that is the only remotely negative experience I have had there.
The beer: excellent, nothing groundbreaking but what they brew they brew well. The food: also good, heavy on the comfort food, but if you've been in Eastern Oregon in the winter, it makes sense.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Easy pit stop off the freeway and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were in need of a food stop driving between Seattle and Boise. We saw this place on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. The service and food were great. The highlight was the chocolate whiskey hazelnut torte which was amazing. The fries were really good also and the freshness of their house made salad dressings and greens were impressive. Honestly my house salad with ranch was amazing. Will certainly stop again.

• Visited August 2014