“Average is the operative term and description”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Traditions

Traditions
Ranked #40 of 79 Restaurants in Pendleton
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Traditions, great food is, well, a tradition! Our extensive selections include wood-fired pizza, custom grilled meats, and the freshest ingredients in all of our side dishes and desserts. OPEN DAILY. MENU SERVICE Breakfast Menu Service: Mon-Fri • 7am-10:30am Lunch Menu Service: Mon-Fri • 11am-2pm BUFFETS Dinner Buffet: 4pm-9pm Breakfast Buffet: Sat-Sun • 7am-9am Brunch Buffet: Sat-Sun • 9am-3pm We are proud that all of our salmon we serve here are tribal fish. Our Columbia River salmon is from Wolf Song Fisheries & our Keta salmon is from Nisqually Seafood run by the Nisqually tribe.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average is the operative term and description”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We have been to Traditions Buffet on several occasions on our way to Utah. The best way to describe this restaurant is "average". The chefs and cooks seem to settle for mediocrity, which is unfortunate for such a promising eating establishment. Recent reviews on Tripadvisor seem to support my opinion, as 15 out of 22 reviews rate this restaurant as "average" or below. The potential is certainly there, however. The pizza is marvelous, as is the service. Any meat entrées fall short of reaching a high quality rating. I suggest more BBQ meat options, which should be a winner in that part of the country. In comparison to the outstanding Cedar Planks Buffet at the Spirit Mountain Casino, there is no comparison. The folks there in Grand Ronde seriously know how to prepare and showcase excellent food. I recommend you visit them to see for yourself!

I will continue to visit the Traditions Wildhorse Buffet, but I do so with my expectations adjusted to "average". You can do much better.

Ray A.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ray A
Wildhorse R, Chef at Traditions, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Ray,
Thank you for your feedback. We at Wildhorse always welcome guest feedback as it helps up to better meet and, hopefully, exceed our guest’s expectations. I must apologize for the fact that you have not been overly impressed with the Traditions buffet so far. I do very much appreciate your repeat visits however, and hope that you will continue to allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. I’m also very glad that you enjoy our pizza so much. We make it from scratch and it is one of our most popular items.
We are always trying to improve our quality and variety, and to provide the best and most memorable dining experience for our guests, so feedback like yours allows us to view our operation from a different perspective and make the changes necessary to meet our full potential. I believe we are making great strides to that end as I have heard quite a number of extremely positive comments from guests recently.
So, thank you again for your feedback and continued business, and please know that we will continue to do our utmost to always leave you, and all of our guests, with the best possible impression.

Chef

Boise ID
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gross!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Me and my sister were at the buffet yesterday, everything i thought was great until i found a PUBIC Hair Curled up in the salmon i was eating!
I should have saved the hassle since the waitress didn't do much just said ewww and took my plate, didn't even apologized!!! then she came back and told me they were throwing away the whole thing, yeah right....
I was not expecting a refund or anything like that but i would have been nice if she would have offered or at least have the person in charge apologize for this situation.
I'm not going back ever again this place is gross, the cooks are all male and they are not very clean looking!!!!
save your money and go to a nicer and cleaner place, there are plenty around Pendleton

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scott J
Wildhorse R, Chef at Traditions, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for what you experienced in your visit to Wildhorse. We do strive to make every effort to insure the services we provide our guest are wholesome and meet/exceed their expectations; we understand it is appalling to have encountered a contaminant. We require all staff to be trained in Servsafe, thereby creating awareness of the potential with foreign, biological or chemical contaminants. In a public dining forum, such as a buffet, the chance of debris does become more probable due to the exposure of food to public. We, after hearing of you experience, have chosen to implement further guidelines in the form of personal appearance, hair/beard restraints, etc. to make every effort in continuing to reduce the chances of foreign materials. It is our hope that you will reconsider joining us again and will continue to provide us feedback so that we might better serve you and other guests that share their time with us. Again, our sincerest apologies and we hope you will allow us to make it up to you.

Traditions Buffet
Gresham, Oregon
“VERY GOOD FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The food is excellent and the staff is very friendly! Our server Kenny was amazing! Good guy! Never a bad experience here and it is very kid friendly as well which is awesome having a 2 year old.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rorharm
Wildhorse R, Community Relations at Traditions, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review. Wildhorse strives to have outstanding customer service at all of our venues. I am happy to hear that Kenny provided that kind of service for you. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to him and his supervisors. I was also please to hear that food selection was what you were looking for. We appreciate your review!

Best,
Tiah DeGrofft
Community Relations
Seattle, Washington
“This buffet needs a lot of help.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food was not good and the mixture of dishes was odd. I could not recommend a visit. The service was mediocre and not in keeping with the excellent service throughout the rest of the facility.

Visited September 2013
Wildhorse R, Chef at Traditions, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
John, Thank you for visiting us! We strive to maintain the highest standards at Wildhorse, and are always ready and willing to immediately resolve any guest issues that may arise, whether they are service or quality related. I hope that the next time you visit us, you will allow us to assist you in every way possible and give you that great experience that Wildhorse is known for!

Buffet Chef
Ontario, Oregon
“It was over priced for what we got!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

A little lacking on variety for a buffet and for the price. Desserts tasted very stale and right out of box. Looked good though.

• Visited August 2013
Wildhorse R, Chef at Traditions, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I appreciate your observations, and must apologize that our variety and some dishes were not to your satisfaction. We are always working to improve our quality and to have the most variety possible, given our space constraints. We are looking forward to expanding in the future, but in the meanwhile, we continue to do our best to provide the highest quality and best variety possible on a daily basis. When you visit us again, please feel free to ask our staff for anything you might need that may not be out on the buffet at that particular time. We’re happy to accommodate you in any way possible!

Buffet Chef