“Rude Management”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Riverton, Wyoming
“Rude Management”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Checked in at 3:00, two rooms traveling with my 80+ year old parents. My mother wanted a poolside room, the nice desk clerk said we could have poolside rooms but they wouldn't be ready until 4:00. She said we would be welcome to wait by the pool, ( it was 100 degrees.) Could use the bathroom off the lobby if needed, to change or use. I went back to use the restroom a bit later, when I opened the door to what I thought was the restroom I found a break room and the bathroom beyond. The Manager was sitting at the table doing paperwork, she looked up as I stood in the doorway and asked what I wanted. I apologized for the interruption and said I wanted to use the restroom. She said in a harsh tone, "it's not a public restroom, are you a guest?" I said, "yes", She repeated herself, saying again, " it's not a public restroom." I was dismissed. Well it's now 4:10 PM, no restroom, and they haven't even approached our assigned room for cleaning. I've never before experienced a hotel that denied guests the ability to use the bathroom. What ever happened to Tom Bodett's friendly, "we'll leave the light on for you." I guess he forgot to add, "just don't ask to use the bathroom."

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cpyles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Syracuse, Utah
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We rented two rooms in the summer. It was really hot and it was important to us to have an outdoor pool. The pool was nice and clean; the staff can't do anything about the weather, but even that was wonderful. Note on the staff: after we left, I realized that I'd left a tiny thing back in our room--I called and they immediately sent a hospitality member to check the room and then called me back with their findings. Then they sent the item to me at our home. That was terrific. Our rooms were clean and nice--the floors were hardwood or something like it and the whole place had a very modern feel to it. We had little fridges and microwaves--everything we could possibly need. To top it off, they were nice to our dog and there is a nice little restaurant, Shari's, next door. I have stayed in three or four places in Pendleton, and this is the one i will return to, without a doubt. Oh, by the way, the cost of the TWO rooms, and the dog was equal to or less than any of the others--with a better pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 July 2013

While traveling with my 2 dogs across country we stopped in on a very rainy night. The staff was courteous and met all my requests. I was very pleasantly surprised by a newly remodeled room that was both clean and comfortable. Flat screen TV, new bathroom fixtures, and no smelly carpet were just some of the highlights. I highly recommend this hotel if needing a room in Pendleton, Oregon area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We stopped unplanned after two terrible nights in another motel. It is critical to us that our dogs are welcome. The room was quiet, nice and spotlessly clean. The bed comfortable. For the price it could not be beat..just wish restaurant was closer. We would absolutely stay again when just tpo tired to make it home safely.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jopeam
La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed 28 January 2013

From the minute we checked in we were greeted and the woman was so helpful! My son wasn't feeling well and we had a can of soup but no can opener and she let me borrow one and helped me figure out a bowl and everything for him. While I was out getting some other stuff she called the room to check on him and see that everything was ok. She out did any experience I have ever had at a Motel 6 and on top of it our room was upgraded and beautiful! AND for only $40 it was BEYOND worth it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Pendleton seems to be as far as I get on my trips to Salt Lake City from Canada. Just east of the town is a hill where there is parked four or five hotel/motel chains - everything from the Holiday Inn Express to Motel Six. I haven't stayed at this Motel Six for maybe a couple of years, preferring to pay the extra bucks for a little better. But this time I had my dog with me. The nice thing about this motel is there are ground floor units right outside the parking lot, which means you can park in front of your room (important if you have an expensive bike on a car rack) and it makes it real easy if you have a dog. And the area has a well lit grass strip that runs around the building - so a pet owner's paradise. The down side is that the rooms leaned toward the flophouse variety. But things have definitely changed. The rooms have all new decor, with flat screens and Ikea beachwood chairs, above counter sinks, and the like. The ratty old carpets have been replaced with a kind of dark bamboo pattern vinyl, which of course is much more sanitary - and I think they have replaced the mattresses. Remember, this is only $40.00 a night, so a pretty great deal. They have wireless, and microwaves and bar fridges, but you pay for these little extras, unless you can sweet talk the person behind the front desk into including them. Cowboy coffee in the 'lobby' in the morning - the lobby being an covered area outside the lobby. There is a Starbucks in the Safeway in town just off the freeway (the lady barista would not hand over my cappuccino without a lid, insisting it was regulation, but that's another story). Anyway, this Motel Six is a great place to overnight - beats the front seat in a rest stop any day!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter V
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 for one night while moving across the US. We found it to be clean & quiet, and our room was newly remodeled. It had brand new wood floors, fresh paint and contemporary furnishings. They are also pet friendly which is a major plus. The only downside is that it's a little bit of drive to get to a decent restaurant. Other than that, we'd stay here again if we find ourselves in Pendleton.

Room Tip: There is plenty of parking behind the hotel for RV's or moving vans.