“Not what they used to be”

Shari's Cafe & Pies
Ranked #27 of 81 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 November 2013

There was a time that Shari's was known for good portions of comfort food and their pies. Neither are anywhere near the quality they used to be. My entree salad was small mediocre at best, coffee adequate and the small piece of pie was disappointing to say the least. The only bright side was my server was friendly and attentive. Too bad the food was so underwhelming.

1  Thank Oregon-HawgPI
There are newer reviews for Shari's Cafe & Pies

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Overrated, underwhelming, food was boring and incredibly overpriced for what you get. Disappointing because the menu brags about seasonal this and seasonal that, but I had a plate of waterlogged, flavorless baby vegetables and chicken that looked like it came from a Banquet box. I think they forgot to put all of the pieces on my plate. The sausage in the gravy is "fresh," chunky, and just GROSS. Warn someone next time, will you? You're better off at the Applebee's just down the road.

1  Thank Plainstater
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After we were seated, we waited fifteen minutes and no one even came to take a drink order. We left, so I can't comment on the food.

2  Thank jerrylt
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate here on purpose, but I have to say, never again will we. When you first come in and wait to be seated, expect to be actually WAITING, and I'm not talking five measly minutes. It took three different waitresses to look at us before we were even sat. Once we did finally get seated, my husband ordered a blackberry sweet tea and I coffee. We over heard the waitress ask how to make the tea. Another waitress told her there were no fresh blackberries, so it was entirely TOO sweet and artificial. After receiving our drinks, the waitress decided we might need some silverware. You would think that being there were three of us, you would see that we need three sets of silverware, but only received two. After ordering, it took 20 minutes just to get a small bowl of soup. When our food did come, it came out in pieces, my husbands food arrived first, then the other persons, then my half sandwich with disgusting warm grapes, old watermelon slices, and a flimsy, shriveled up pickle!!! I simply ordered the Three Trio which included a small spinach salad. I was completely finished with both my soup and sandwich, 10 minutes after, when I got my inedible salad. The spinach was the least freshest thing I ordered; the leaves were wilted and dried, and the 'bacon' topped on this salad tasted like clumps of chewy dirt. I was in total disbelief that food actually comes served like that! Don't even bother trying to get the waitresses attentions, they fly past you with no eye contact before you can say anything. We saw our server only when she took our order and when she dropped it off. After that we never saw here again, not even to drop off our tickets or to get us any refills, so its advisable you ration out your beverage while dining at this establishment. I cant even tell you what their names are because none of them wear name badges or introduce themselves. The ginger/red head cashier was by far the worst. When my husband went to pay for our food, there was a mix up with splitting the tickets. When I informed my husband that there was a mix up, while he was standing next to the cash register, the cashier got huffy and acted like it was such an inconvenience to press a few more buttons to correct the mistake she made. As for calling it 'Shari's Cafe & Pies', I think this restaurant needs a reevaluation of what it actually has. Old burnt tasting coffee and minimal pie selection really isn't an entitlement of 'cafe and pies'. Don't waste your time here, go down to the next exit, 209, up Southgate, and get fast food or Denny's.

3  Thank Kay M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We ate breakfast here after staying overnight nearby. The restaurant was nearly empty on a Saturday mid-morning. The service was competent but not attentive. After taking our order we never saw our waitress again and the other servers made sure to pass by quickly and keep their eyes diverted to avoid conversation. The food was very good. I put my credit card on table where it was studiously ignored - it would have been fine if someone would have simply said pay at the register. We would eat her again, just don't expect a lot of attention.

1  Thank GrnidgrlSeattle