“nice stop on the way”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed a night at the wild horse in June, while on our way to Utah. Rates were reasonable, on par with the Hampton's inn in nearby pendleton. Check in was very quick, with a very helpful staff. They went out of their way to help my wheelchair bound father. The rooms were very clean and the beds were perfect! But the real surprise was the bathroom. I still can't get over how big the shower is. Its like a room unto itself, with excellant water pressure. Amenities are good, and I love the keurig coffee maker. Spent some time in the casino, and they had a good variety of newer slot machines. And the casino is a good size. We didn't eat there, so I can't comment. But, if you're travelling it's a great rest stop and the bottom of cabbage patch hill. And the arrowhead travel plaza next to it, will provide you with anything you need. Do make reservations early, it fills up fast.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Wildhorse Resort & Casino. Individuals that haven’t been around lately may be surprised at how much things have grown and changed. From Golf and the Tamastslikt Cultural Institute/Museum to the 5 screen Cineplex, arcade, and Child Entertainment Center - There is truly something for everyone and we are proud to offer such a quality product.

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Wildhorse in the new tower rooms. As part of their players club I was invited to stay there free but the room rate is very reasonable at a weekday rate of $60. I hardly spent any money at the casino to get this reward so if you go be sure to sign up for the players club. The room was beautifully decorated in deep chocolate tones with modest native american touches and contains all the newest amenities such as a brand new flat screen tv, single pod coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. The bed was terrific! I'm one of those people that can never sleep in a hotel bed and always has to bring a mattress foam pad to put on top, but not this time. The bed is a little firm but still cushiony enough for me not to need a pad and not have my shoulders and back kill in the morning. Check out the sports bar during happy hour they have half price appetizers which are yummy and you can save money for the slots or before you head to a movie. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you Tracy for your kind observations. I know that much thought and effort has been expended to create an exceptional resort experience. I’m so glad you mentioned the bed. As the new hotel tower was just starting to rise from the ground, we held a contest to select the mattresses we would use for the new rooms. Our conference center was transformed into a mattress testing center. Employees, guests, and community members were invited to try the beds out and vote for the very best. The winner was the Serta Prestige double sided plush mattress.

Perhaps, it might have been easier to just have the hotel management pick the new mattresses – but that is not our style. I generally find that collaborative decisions work out best.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was my first trip to Wildhorse and I accompanied a friend with a comped tower room.

Although on the smallish side, the room was nicely decorated and the beds were quite comfortable. I'm not sure if there were people in the rooms on either side, because it was very quiet. They didn't allow early check in. The check-in counter was well staffed and moved along pretty quickly. Everyone seemed friendly enough.

The Keurig coffee maker was a nice touch. Our bottle of hand lotion looked like it was left over from the last person, about 1/3 empty. The shower was HUGE. My traveling companion thought it looked like it hadn't been cleaned, but I checked (tried cleaning a small spot on the door) and I think it was simply water stain. The entire room looked very clean to me and there was absolutely no odor. Again, the room seemed a bit crowded with furniture, but we had 2 queens vs a single king which makes a difference.

I signed up for the players club, which isn't much of a deal. After you run $200 through the machines you have to return to the counter for $5 in FP. No coupons or discounts for food. You have to play $2 for every 1 point received on the card. I checked my rewards at 279 points and found I'd earned a $1, so I didn't bother with the card for the rest of our trip. Even with a comped room, I likely will not make the 4-5 hour drive again just to play slots here. They had a good selection of machines, but as with most places, the nonsmoking section is the graveyard for older ones. They did have quite a few of the older 9 line nickel machines which you don't see much of anymore, but I happen to like. While luck is random, neither my friend of I had any. We both observed that numerous bonuses paid virtually nothing.

The service and the food at the Hot Rock Cafe was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank playingtheslots
wildhorserc, Manager at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that as a whole, you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to be comfortable.

We are in the process of re-vamping our entire Club Wild program so there is more value for joining Club Wild and continuing to use your Club Wild card. The new program will be introduced later this summer. In addition for increased value and benefits, it will include the ability for players to redeem their points and all of our restaurants, the hotel, Gift Shop, golf course, Arrowhead Travel Plaza.

I realize that with a 4-5 hour drive, it is a bit of a commitment to get out here but I hope you will join us again in the future and take advantage of our newly re-vamped Club Wild program.

Best,
Michael Ehrlich
Club Wild Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Wildhorse Resort has added a new hotel section to the casino. The rooms are first class, beds are very comfortable, rooms are a nice size. The ammenities are a little unusal but of excellent quality - sweet grass items will make any woman very happy.

Room Tip: Easy to find, just follow the freway south of Pendelton towards the Blue Mountains, you can't mi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter M

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I’m so glad you liked our sweet grass amenities. We have partnered with Sister Sky for many year to bring you bath and body products that are inspired by Native American herbal wisdom and bear the official “Made by American Indians” trademark. As you well said, our bath amenities are “unusual.” Just one more way that we can help create a unique and extraordinary resort experience.

Best,

Reviewed 25 June 2012

The good - check in quick and courteous, rooms clean and comfortable, traditional buffet, Plateau restaurant great food and excellent service- hostess was exceptional. Cineplex is affordable and comfortable with nice system and screen, arcade small but my child enjoyedit, workout room was clean and adequate, good perks with Club Wild, entertainment in lounge is average, slots win and lose with a decent selection
The bad- room service trays w/ food left in hotel hallway for at least 4 hours -not so charming, the area around the pool (deck) dirty as well as the hot tub, door not working correctly at pool entrance and people kept on banging on the doors for me to open them, which became irritating
The ugly- Club Wild staff- let me preface this with there is one woman there that was phenomenal but three times I have been greeted with horrible service-staff was non helpful, rude, with the I hate my job and I don't give a rip about you attitude. You would figure that customer service for this area would be top-notch. This service is typical and has been dealt to me on three separate occasions with three different staff - enough to where I will take my business/pleasure elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Timfin1
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Driving cross country, we decided to spend the night at the Wildhorse Resort and Casio. We did not have a reservation, and that was not an issue. We visited the buffet for dinner. This night was the seafood buffet. Food was what you would expect for a casino...good not great.
The room was another story. We were absolutely blown away by the attention to detail in our hotel room. Everything was new and modern. Very, very clean and fresh. Definitely recommend staying there, if it is on your way across the state of Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathie97086
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to relay your kind observations. Wildhorse Resort & Casino has become somewhat of a regional jewel, a true destination resort in every sense of the word. You may have stumbled upon us by fortuitous accident, but it took an impressive amount of careful planning and foresight to get Wildhorse to the place we are at today. We hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The look on the desk attended face was priceless. All I asked was to be connected to a friend who I knew was staying there and she just said they don't give out that information. "I didn't need the info, just call him and tell him I am here" o The room was nice, in the new tower, my friend got a 80 dollar rate, I got the 95 dollar rate for the same room. Go figure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EatingRaoul
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give this review. Although there does appear to have been a momentary misunderstanding, the Desk Attendant did respond exactly as they have been trained to do in refusing to divulge confidential information. I’m glad that the misunderstanding was resolved quickly and you were able to meet up with your friend. As for the disparity in the room rates, the most probable explanation is that your friend used some sort of discount. We offer several room discounts - to include AAA, AARP, and Club Wild membership among others.

Thanks again,