“Wildhorse casino”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pendleton
Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here the end of August. 6th floor overlooking the golf course and RV park. Very clean nice rooms at a good price. This was a stop over on our way to a wedding in Boise, ID. Great hotel but one of the worst casinos we have been to as far as "payouts". .05 & .10 payouts on .60 bets. That was when it did finally give you something. I think it is one of the places that you have to bet "max" to get any kind of payout. The one thing that i was really glad we did was visit the Tamastslikt Cultural Institute. They had just started the exibit of Charles M. Russell, the Master of Western Art. Overall the hotel was an "A", food options "A" & casino a C-.

Room Tip: Stay in the new tower section on floors 6-8 overlooking the golf course. Great sunrises!
2  Thank Sweetiep
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel, the F & B outlets, and Tamastslikt Cultural Institute. We know that we have a great facility and are eager to show it off. As for the Slot machines – I believe that we have the loosest slots around and I know that it is against Wildhorse vision to ever tighten a machine. We even sent some machines back to the manufacturer because they were preprogrammed to be “tighter” and adding them to our casino floor would have had the aggregate effect of “tightening” our machines slightly. Of course sometimes it is hard to get that overall picture from an individual experience. Sometimes people buck the trend and law of averages either as big winners or as big losers. I am sorry that you weren’t a winner on this trip but I hope you can return soon and give it another try.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed 3 night and 4 days, and on the 8Th floor over looking the Golf Course, RV Park, with rolling hills and landscape. The WONDERFUL getaway if you are in the mood for getting out of town and trying something NEW. Be aware that they do have a 50.00 dollar room damage fee, ( for just in case). You can use this as a so call credit voucher to your room for in house dinning. We caught a Movie, and did some KENO (Penny Slots), and lost 5.00. Oh well. We had a Good time and spent it with Good friends. We will be BACK!

Room Tip: If you reserve on line, Call ahead to confirm your reservations. THEY LIKE THAT!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that you had a “Great Time!” on your recent vacation to Wildhorse. I am also particularly fond of the view to the East. Thank you for providing photos. The Golf Course, RV Park, and Tamastslikt Cultural Institute - all nestled among the rolling foothills of Oregon's Blue Mountains. Together they make the perfect combination for a stunningly spectacular sunrise. Or … if getting up at the crack of dawn isn’t your thing, we also offer blackout window shades to keep out the brightness of the sun until you are ready to face the day. Whatever your preference, we aim to please at Wildhorse Resort & Casino.

All the Best,

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stopped over night enroute on family trip from SW Oregon to Northern Idaho. Much larger than we expected. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. We stayed in a tower room on the 3rd floor. The staff was very attentive and accomidating. The casino was also larger than expected, husband won and I lost....pretty much broke even. We would and will definatley stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the towers, newer rooms!
1  Thank luvbnarn

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. It is always such a pleasure to hear how people are continually surprised by the full resort facilities and deluxe amenities that we offer. We are proud of our new property and excited to show it off.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

From the friendly early check in at the desk to the large room on the 8th floor this hotel met all our expectations. We were facing 'the mountains' (coming from the Canadian Rockies, the rolling hills we looked out over could not be called mountains). When we checked in, the desk clerk was prompt, friendly and helpful - we were surprised that a room was so readily available as we were there around noon.

Room rate was great - midweek seems to be best time to book in the casino resorts to get a discounted room rate.

We had Nathan's hot dogs for a quick lunch and then hit the machines in the casino. Again, nice bright casino with a glassed off non-smoking area and client access to tea, coffee and soft drinks. As well, on the casino floor I was constantly asked if I'd like a soft drink by the roaming beverage carts (and I'm definitely not a high roller).

The one down side that I could see was in order to get to any of the eateries you had to walk through the casino area. This meant children were walking through a smoke environment to get to their meals as well. Unfortunate.

We lucked out and were there the night the buffet was all you could eat shrimp and I love shrimp. My favourite was the coconut, whereas my husband really enjoyed the lightly battered 'beer battered' shrimp.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: As there is some construction going on on the roof, I'd stay away from the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the thorough and positive review. While our mountains are not quite up to BC standards, I’m glad that our service standards were every bit of what you might expect from a full service deluxe resort.

Come back soon,

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed one night.

GOOD:
Quiet room and everything worked.
Furnishings were close to brand new.
Nice for us to be a little out of town.
We're not avid gamblers, but we spent a little time in the casino. A nice diversion nonetheless.

NOT SO GOOD:
Wanted a single king bed, but I think that they only have two-queen rooms.
Desk clerk was OK, but not too friendly/welcoming.

FYI:
Looks like a few rooms on our hallway were flanked by hallway doors. Those specific rooms may be noisier if you can hear those doors opening/closing at night.

Room Tip: Consider asking to be away from hallway doors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for the helpful comments. We do have rooms with just one king bed but these rooms are generally the first to fill up. You may peruse pictures of the various room types and make reservations directly on our website. Please book early for optimal flexibility and selection.

Thanks again for contributing to our mutual success with your feedback. The information you provide, both the good and the bad, helps us to improve.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed with my wife and 2 kids, (8 and 2) on an overnight stop between Boise and Portland. Unfortunately I didn't stay long enough to break out the camera, but the rooms are great. The tower rooms are brand new and clean. There is no smoke smell at all. The showers are huge and classy. The view of the Oregon high desert is great from the floor to ceiling window. I can't wait to go back in the fall and do some golfing with the specials offered.
Hit the pool and the exercise room in the morning. The gym is average sized and have a super cool stretching cage I'd never seen before, but it was interesting, some ellipticals and recumbent bikes, as well as some lifting machines and a 42" HDTV fill out the rest of the room.
(side note, kudos for actually springing for the HD service not just the pretty tv)
The pool was perfectly chlorinated and the hot tub nice and hot.
A staff member stood outside and smoked a cigarette that wafted through the partially enclosed pool area, but no biggy.
The casino was great. they have 2 dollar BJ. I am a vegas frequent flier so I am accustomed to the free drinks while playing. That would be a suggestion. Not a complaint though, as it was a family pit stop, not a Hangover reenactment.
Every member of the staff encountered was accommodating and polite. The only minor complaint was the regarding the crib. I requested a crib at the time of reservation, I was reminded of my request by the staff at check in, so I know they knew about it. 5 hours later it was bed time for my child and we had no crib. Although it was delivered promptly after I called about it, I was told it would be in my room upon arrival. Other than that I had a great time and I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a high room if you like a view...the elevators are quick.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve M
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you Steve, for the positive but balanced review. We try very hard to provide a “first rate” experience to all of our guests. As a casino, it was not a foregone conclusion to make our entire new tower wing smoke free. Ultimately though, this was the only way to keep out every hint of smoke and keep things welcoming for family oriented travelers. Feedback like yours is important to help us to improve but also to remind us of the things that we are doing right.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed a night at the wild horse in June, while on our way to Utah. Rates were reasonable, on par with the Hampton's inn in nearby pendleton. Check in was very quick, with a very helpful staff. They went out of their way to help my wheelchair bound father. The rooms were very clean and the beds were perfect! But the real surprise was the bathroom. I still can't get over how big the shower is. Its like a room unto itself, with excellant water pressure. Amenities are good, and I love the keurig coffee maker. Spent some time in the casino, and they had a good variety of newer slot machines. And the casino is a good size. We didn't eat there, so I can't comment. But, if you're travelling it's a great rest stop and the bottom of cabbage patch hill. And the arrowhead travel plaza next to it, will provide you with anything you need. Do make reservations early, it fills up fast.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
wildhorserc, Director of Lodging at Wildhorse Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Wildhorse Resort & Casino. Individuals that haven’t been around lately may be surprised at how much things have grown and changed. From Golf and the Tamastslikt Cultural Institute/Museum to the 5 screen Cineplex, arcade, and Child Entertainment Center - There is truly something for everyone and we are proud to offer such a quality product.

Thank you for sharing your experience,