“Reliable family fare”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Steakhouse
Pendleton, Oregon
“Reliable family fare”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food at this family style restaurant is reliably good. Not fancy, but hearty. Breakfast ALL DAY, lounge if you want a libation. They do close rather early though, 8pm most days.

Visited July 2013

Dallas, Oregon
“Great service & breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Great selection of breakfasts, omelets made to order, egg beaters, too. Busy morning and service was stellar! You know it's a great place to eat when it's filled with the locals. Thanks!

• Visited July 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“Don't look in the kitchen”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Accidently glanced into the kitchen and could not believe how dirty it was. I was quite frankly appalled and we left without ordering. Not sure if it was a bad day or commonplace, but we didn't want to chance it.

• Visited June 2013
Wittmann, Arizona
“Friendly waitresses/good food”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I grew up in Pendleton and even worked with the owner of The Saddle at another place he owned. My husband and I have recently moved to Arizona, but had to go back up to Pendleton to get the rest of our stuff. We stopped in The Saddle one morning for breakfast. While we waited for our breakfast we chatted with Randy, the owner, who's always friendly to everyone and I must say, works as hard as his employees. Our food came and it was fantastic! I had French Toast and bacon, my husband had pancakes, sausage patties and orange juice. The French Toast was good, nothing out of the ordinary, but you had your choice of maple syrup or a berry syrup (not sure what kind). I had the berry syrup and it tasted very good with the French Toast. The bacon was just perfect!!! It wasn't too crisp or underdone and limp. My husband had ordered 2 pancakes and when they came his eyes were as big as the pancakes. They filled the whole plate. He could only eat half of them. The waitresses were friendly and would check back periodically to make sure we were doing ok. I have also ate dinner here in the past so if you're looking for a relaxing place to eat and want some good wholesome food, stop by The Saddle. They also have a bar if you feel like having a drink.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle Washington
“Homestyle Cooking”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Passing through Pendleton we needed lunch and didn't see fast food places in town but noticed a fast-looking red Camaro at Gilbert Motors. While examining the car, Kelly the manager appeared. After car talk we changed the subject to The Saddle next door asking if it was a good place for lunch. She said, "It's homestyle cooking," mentioning she often eats breakfast there.

Decked out with locals who eyed us tourists entering their corral, The Saddle also doned Easter decorations. From the large menu I ordered an egg salad sandwich made from scratch and included shredded lettuce. Yum. Piled high and almost too thick to bite, my friend managed to enjoy her cheeseburger. For dessert I tried their homemade chocolate cream pie that looked messy on the plate but was delicious.

The Saddle appropriately signifies the "western" town Pendleton is. Famous for the Pendleton Roundup every September, the town with a population of 15,000 swells to over 115,000 with visitors. Be sure to see the fancy saddle in the back dining room and note the unique saddle rack. We'll be back in The Saddle again the next time we pass through Pendleton.

• Visited March 2013