“Decent Restaurant, downtown!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We tried this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and we liked the place. Set in very old building, a combination bar (saloon) and restaurant. I had the chili burger and fries and it was very good. My wife had the fried prawns and she also liked them. They don't take cards, so make sure you take cash. We enjoyed the place, very nostalgic. Everyone should try the place one time in their travels.

1  Thank ZumaDawg

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a place that my husband and I say we have been to twice, the first and the last time. The menu for breakfast is not great during Round Up and we should have left after we looked it over and really should have left when we were given plastic knives and forks. But there had been some good reviews so we stuck it out and found something to order off the menu. My husband had biscuits and gravy which he usually doesn't have but there was not a lot on the menu since it had been shortened to accommodate the Round Up crowd. I ordered eggs, hash browns and toast. We waited and waited and did not see many meals going by and only saw a couple of waitresses (ours was sitting most of the time) so after more than half an hour had gone by with nary a word from our waitress, I suggested to my husband that we just leave. He wanted to give it another five minutes. During that time our food arrived. The biscuits and gravy were only so/so and my hash browns were not worth the calories. The bar was open and it appeared to us that was the main feature and breakfast just played second fiddle. We felt we definitely picked the worst place to eat breakfast in Pendleton.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The Rainbow is right on the main drag, in a very interesting downtown. It's about half bar, & half restaurant, & all ambiance. You'll see pictures from long ago Roundups, as well as a pretty eclectic collection of other things to look at while your food is coming. The service was good, & the food was above average. I had the Chickenfried Steak, & their homemade fries. If you order that you better be hungry.

1  Thank dwdawg
Reviewed 1 September 2013

a must see - I love a restaruant that is not afraid of PETA and hands buffalo heads, elk and bear on the walls.
I had a french elk dip - small size which was great for lunch. and was prepared excellent. Wife had a tuna salad sandwich. we both loved our meal.

1  Thank CamasGary
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Four of us stopped in for dinner & left stuffed & happy. Super yummy burgers, amazing fries, the grilled tuna & cheese was perfect as well as HUGE!!! Loved the old-timey western dive decor. Great service too. Couple of minor complaints: they only accept CASH & they don't have AC, which would really have helped as it was 90 or so outside! Other than that, perfection!! We'll definitely be back!!