“Great breakfast place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ate breakfast there on Saturday and ordered the chicken fried steak breakfast.
When the order arrived, the steak with gravy came on a full-size plate and filled it!
The included hashbrowns, 2 eggs, and toast pretty much filled a second full-size plate.
For $9 that was a lot of breakfast and I ended up taking half of it to eat for breakfast the next morning.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband & I had breakfast there a little over a month ago.It was okay, but we did'nt find it to be all that good. The food was hot and tasty and the staff were pleasant. Nothing outstanding.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went into this historical cafe and bar on a Sunday afternoon. Seemed to have "local" customers. Sat in the back and had the cook as our server. Enjoyed the neon lights, the chicken soup was homemade and worth returning for. The western atmosphere was worth the Pendelton stop.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Amazing hamburgers and cold beer. So much to look at while you're there. I love all the Rodeo decor.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

While passing through, we were trying to find a place to eat. Another location had told us to give the Rainbow Cafe a try, and so we decided to take their advice since they were local and knew all the best places in town to eat. My husband, myself, my 13 year old daughter, and my 14 year old son stopped in at this location only to be abruptly stopped by the bar tender, telling us we had to leave.

Naturally we were confused, as bar/grills in Texas don't have issues with minors coming in with their parents to eat supper at, but apparently this location says they don't even allow minors to step foot into their building after 4pm. While there was a sign outside that said this, which we didn't see as we honestly weren't looking for such a sign on a place that called themselves a CAFE... we found it rather misleading and a touch odd.

Normally, if it's a bar for adults, it's called a bar. Not a cafe. So, they either need a bigger sign for out of towners/staters, or they need to consider calling themselves a bar.

We ended up going down the road to the Prodigal Son Brewing, which... oddly enough (despite having BREWING, indicating alcohol in their name) had a sign inviting all ages into their establishment. Go figure.

Been to Rainbow Cafe? Share your experiences!