“Pendleton's Best Kept Secret”

Rugged Country Lodge
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 1 May 2008

This hotel is wonderful. My husband and I were very dubious until we arrived. It is very quaint, well kept and the staff were wonderful at check in and check out. There were fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the office. We booked a single. It is small, however we knew better than to expect a room as large as our own home, so we were not disappointed in the slightest. The bed was comfortable. The decor updated. The room was exquisitely clean. They serve a continental breakfast in the mornings which was excellent. We did run out of coffee, however the staff brought more as soon as they were asked. There was some train/street noise, but not enough to disturb us. We will definitely return here and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 29 April 2008

My husband and I stayed here for our third annaversary. We loved it. The staff was wonderful. They made our stay extra special by putting fresh cookies and chocolates in our room. After working in the hotel industry for 6 years I have high standards on cleanliness in a room and it was very clean. We had a wonderful stay and highly recomend.

Reviewed 23 April 2008

I just spent an enjoyable three nights at Rugged Country Lodge. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were always smiling and willing to help in anyway to ensure that I enjoyed my stay.
I liked coming back to the motel after a day at the conference and having a cup of fresh coffee waiting...along with the tempting and very good cookies.
The breakfast would satisfy anyone....yogurt, homemade banana bread, hard boiled eggs, orange juice, cereals, sweet rolls and on Saturday and Sunday, the best sausage gravy and biscuits.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2008

Pendleton was a good stopping spot on our roadtrip from Arizona to BC. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Yes, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. When I booked I asked for a double queen and a room on the ground floor because we have a small dog. I was quoted $69 plus tax including the fee for the dog. When we checked in and very tired I was told there were no double queens on the ground floor - they were all upstairs. OK - it means its a little more trouble if puppy needs to go out in the night. The total charge came to $93 not $69. There was no discussion on that - it was the price! The room was extremely small so made it very awkward as the desk, tv etc were just a couple of feet from the bottom of the beds so we were forever bumping into one another. I am not one to complain - we can stay at motel 6 or La Quinta without complaints because we know what we are getting and don't expect anything more. As far as breakfast - the posted time was 7 am to 10 am. We ate at 7:45am. There was only one of the "famous" cinammon buns left and two hard boiled eggs in the shell left. The coffee was gone but someone did finally come in and make more but we were leaving at that point.
when I enquired about a restaurant that was actually advertised in their own book the woman said she had no idea about it and couldn't give us directions to get there. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was immaculately clean but for a quick overnight stay I found it to be way overpriced. We stayed at the Motel 6 in Pendleton on the way south and I was sorry we didn't return there. It was clean, quiet and convenient.

Reviewed 25 March 2008

This bed and breakfast inn was a delight. There were many small touches that I noticed as soon as I walked in the room. The homemade cookies in the office were just the beginning. Breakfast was wonderful with many homemade goodies. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2008

I stayed here for the Century Ride of the Centuries (cycling event). The downstairs room was cute, with nice touches and decor. It was very comfortable. Free wireless and continental breakfast are also offered. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2007

My daughter and I stayed for one night the weekend before Labor Day and we were pleasantly surprised at the comfort level of our room and also the cleanliness of the facility. The beds were very comfortable, the room super clean and the decor really well done. We departed reluctantly the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family