All reviewsrooster roombagelscontinental breakfastwoolen millsstay there againolder placebusy roadcomfortable bedsrooms are smallchain hotelssmall doggreat pricepleasant surprisenight's sleeproad tripstayed one nightmotel
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've stayed here twice and plan to again when I pass this way. It is nicer than any chain motel - the rooms are lovely and nicely decorated. The bed is wonderful, and the rooms have everything I need. It's clean and quiet and pet friendly. I always meet nice people here. Breakfast is a bonus! Usually don't bother, but it's a nice way to start the day. Love this place!

Room Tip: Every room is different - try them all till you find your favorite. It's not like a chain - each one is special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed there last summer and it was very nice. I came back this October and it wasn't nice at all. when i showed up the front of it look a little bit ran down. i was in the office for about five minutes before someone came out while i was waiting for someone i over heard them arguing about who was coming in the office to help the guest. When the lady came in she was not nice smelled like cigarettes had a WHITE RING IN HER NOSE. She booked my room gave me my key told me were it was then left. i will never stay here again with those people running it.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lillian1278
RuggedCountryLodge, Manager at Rugged Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

im sorry you had to hear us argue but with any family there is argues. if you choose to stay here again its on us sorry for any inconvince

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We're snobby Seattleites and didn't know what to expect in Pendleton, after our stay in The Dalles was less than wonderful. Rugged Country Lodge was a pleasant surprise. It's a motel, but the room was very tastefully furnished, it was shady, which is important when it's 100 degrees out, and the continental breakfast was of the deluxe variety. Also, nice flower beds, not easy to maintain in this climate, I suspect. The staff seemed a little harried and could have been friendlier. We thought maybe they were new and still getting their bearings. Still, a very nice stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

1960's style room. The carpet in my room needed replacement but everything else appeared clean. I stayed because the price was right and it was not on the main freeway. Woman at the counter was personable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Quick notes. Don't overlook this small restored motel. Much improved over last visit. Great place when you need quiet place to sleep. Nearby Hospital and train are not an issue, you don't hear (or feel) them. Seriously. The trains in Pendleton are amazingly quiet.
Small breakfast, but the price of the room is so good, if you want a big breakfast, just head up to The Saddle.
Love inside secure entrances yo room, when I travel alone. We will be back. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013