Rugged Country Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrooster roombagelshard boiled eggscontinental breakfaststay there againpendleton woolenbusy roadolder placecomfortable bedschain hotelsrooms are smallsmall doggreat pricefresh fruitpleasant surprisein townnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family and I stay in Pendleton all the time and we use to enjoy staying at this place. It use to be a little bit of of affordable luxury in long family road trips. The rooms were gorgeous with great beds and comforters, spa products in the bathroom, and a really good breakfast with great coffee, and very pet friendly. We had not stayed here in over a year and it has completely changed. There is nothing luxurious about it, think Motel 6 with a fancy name. To all those people that I have recomended this place to I owe you an apology.
We did arrive around 1am but we told them when called for the room that we would be coming in very late. The room was freezing, took some work to get the wall heater working, the bed had a thin blanket and sheets. So gone is the luxuary bed. The bathroom had really cheep toiletries. So gone are the spa products. In the morning when my husband went to check out the breakfast in the rooster room all he found was cold cereal, bagels, and two very rude people. He tried to start a conversation and they did not respond and stared at him like he had no right to be there. When he went to check us out he was unable to find anyone and was forced to just drop our keys in the box and leave without getting a receipt.
The website dose not reflect the current condition or atmosphere of this place. It in no way can be considered a bed and breakfast. While I can't say that we won't stay there again, my husband likes that bed and they let us bring our dog for a reasonable fee, I will not be telling friends that they have to stay there when they are in Pendleton. It is sad another great place on its way to being completely run down.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank dmcarter27
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and I were just driving through and needed a room for the night. We googled the Pendleton area and come across the Rugged Country Inn. It was priced at $45 for a double room. To be honest, I was a little scared because it was less than the Motel 6 (and the motel 6 in Pendleton is scary if you ask me) but all the reviews were really good so we though what the heck. It was clean, the staff were extremely friendly, breakfast was included. I would actually stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've stayed here twice and plan to again when I pass this way. It is nicer than any chain motel - the rooms are lovely and nicely decorated. The bed is wonderful, and the rooms have everything I need. It's clean and quiet and pet friendly. I always meet nice people here. Breakfast is a bonus! Usually don't bother, but it's a nice way to start the day. Love this place!

Room Tip: Every room is different - try them all till you find your favorite. It's not like a chain - each one is special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed there last summer and it was very nice. I came back this October and it wasn't nice at all. when i showed up the front of it look a little bit ran down. i was in the office for about five minutes before someone came out while i was waiting for someone i over heard them arguing about who was coming in the office to help the guest. When the lady came in she was not nice smelled like cigarettes had a WHITE RING IN HER NOSE. She booked my room gave me my key told me were it was then left. i will never stay here again with those people running it.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lillian1278
RuggedCountryLodge, Manager at Rugged Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

im sorry you had to hear us argue but with any family there is argues. if you choose to stay here again its on us sorry for any inconvince

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We're snobby Seattleites and didn't know what to expect in Pendleton, after our stay in The Dalles was less than wonderful. Rugged Country Lodge was a pleasant surprise. It's a motel, but the room was very tastefully furnished, it was shady, which is important when it's 100 degrees out, and the continental breakfast was of the deluxe variety. Also, nice flower beds, not easy to maintain in this climate, I suspect. The staff seemed a little harried and could have been friendlier. We thought maybe they were new and still getting their bearings. Still, a very nice stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple