All reviews rooster room bagels continental breakfast woolen mills older place busy road would stay here again comfortable beds cream cheese chain hotels small dog great price fresh fruit home away from home stayed one night road trip coffee maker
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stopped off in Pendleton and found this nice place to stay. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and while definitely an older property, I felt they were keeping on top of the maintenance. The AC unit didn't work exactly right, but it was neither too hot nor too cold so we had a pleasant stay. There are dogs on adjacent property, but they only barked occasionally and not incessantly as I had feared from previous posts. The price was very reasonable and it was a pleasant nights stay.

The TV was older but worked fine and we had great reception on the wifi which was free. Small fridge and coffee maker in the room as well. I had no problems with the staff and found the gentleman at the desk pleasant. If you are one of those people expecting Hilton top drawer service from a basic rural America hotel, then head on over to the $150 to $300 a night places, but if you are looking for basic, clean, and reasonable, then I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayATC
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were on a road trip and were looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the area. This family run hotel/motel fit the bill. Rooms were a generous size, beds were comfortable and the breakfast provided included fresh fruit and eggs. $40 is a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Whistler-Mama
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just thought I'd recommend this establishment for anyone visiting Pendleton. The front desk attendant was friendly and prompt. The room was clean. It is a basic hotel but they did offer free breakfast which was nice. We only stayed one night. Check in was easy and quick. The bed was comfortable and my wife and I agreed we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This used to be my favorite place to stay in Pendleton. However, after two back-to-back bad stays... I must part ways with what I always considered a hidden gem.

The feel of the hotel used to be friendly and low key. Now, it is just too hillbilly for me. The managers are unprofessional and less than friendly. (For a little insight, I used to be greeted with warm cookies and a nightcap of Pendleton whiskey was waiting at 9 p.m. for all legal aged guests. Both of those have disappeared along with the welcoming staff.) There is a heating unit in my room, but no controls or remote to operate it. I'm freezing!

The level of noise due to housekeeping vacuuming and talking loudly to each other in the common hallway and room next to mine at a little after 9 pm was just ... bizarre. The barking dogs in the backyard outside my windows were my unwanted wake-up call at 5:37 this morning. (I worked until 2:30, so I'm less than rested.)

So, I am sad about the changes. This used to be such a good place. =0(

Room Tip: Get any room on the north end away from the barking herd of dogs. No escaping the train, I'm afraid.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kelowatt
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were pleasantly suprised with our stay at the Rugged Country Lodge. It is a older setting but it is well kept and the staff went out of there way to make our stay pleasant. The price of the room was very good, and the room was small but well kept and clean. The buffet was good for the price of the room. The staff was great, and tryed to help in any way. We would stop there again.

Room Tip: There is some train noise, but it was not a problem with us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple