“Freindly great staff, but that is where it ends”

Rugged Country Lodge
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Mililani, Hawaii
“Freindly great staff, but that is where it ends”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Dirtiest carpets I have ever seen. Bathtub drain has not been cleaned in months so water would not drain and also sink drain was not working. I was in room 8 and my mother was in room 6 we both had the same experience. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Not recommended.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were road weary and tired. Found this place by mistake. When she quoted the price I asked to see the room not knowing what to expect. Surprised and happy we stayed in a very nice room for under $50(AAA) and a breakfast as well. Except for a worn carpeting, it was sparkling clean, cozy, and the bed was the best I'd been in for a week. It was really a nice stay. We were welcomed and made to feel like special guests. This is about 1/2 way to our destination in SE Idaho that we make at least yearly, so you can believe me when I say we will be booking ahead next time and looking forward to a place to stop.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Morrison, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2014

An unbelievably terrible experience. Called 3 hours ahead of time, from the road, to reserve a room. Was quoted $54, per the website, then dropped to $40 for AAA discount. They took my name, but no phone number or credit card, though I offered both to hold the room as we were arriving after 9:00 pm. When we arrived, the room was sold out! "My husband sold your room." When he walked in, they fought in front of us about this. Incredible. They did get us at a room at the same price at another (not very nice) hotel. I don't think they have any idea how to run a hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark D
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Since 1996 we have been stopping in Pendleton, between moves from Northern Utah or SE Idaho to Portland, OR or Astoria. We found this cozy place on the main route through town, and have stayed here since when passing through. Their rates are great, the rooms are large, and very cozy. I will always keep them in mind when I need to take the road trip between Western Oregon and Eastern Idaho again. I have worked in the hotel industry off and on for the past 15 years and this place is the best for the price and location. There is a train track 3 or 4 blocks behind it, so be aware of that.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 full beds are very nice and large. Nice desk with wi-fi.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheRenovator
Farmington, Utah
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stopped off in Pendleton and found this nice place to stay. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and while definitely an older property, I felt they were keeping on top of the maintenance. The AC unit didn't work exactly right, but it was neither too hot nor too cold so we had a pleasant stay. There are dogs on adjacent property, but they only barked occasionally and not incessantly as I had feared from previous posts. The price was very reasonable and it was a pleasant nights stay.

The TV was older but worked fine and we had great reception on the wifi which was free. Small fridge and coffee maker in the room as well. I had no problems with the staff and found the gentleman at the desk pleasant. If you are one of those people expecting Hilton top drawer service from a basic rural America hotel, then head on over to the $150 to $300 a night places, but if you are looking for basic, clean, and reasonable, then I would recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JayATC
Whistler, B.c.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were on a road trip and were looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the area. This family run hotel/motel fit the bill. Rooms were a generous size, beds were comfortable and the breakfast provided included fresh fruit and eggs. $40 is a good deal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Whistler-Mama
North Plains, Oregon
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just thought I'd recommend this establishment for anyone visiting Pendleton. The front desk attendant was friendly and prompt. The room was clean. It is a basic hotel but they did offer free breakfast which was nice. We only stayed one night. Check in was easy and quick. The bed was comfortable and my wife and I agreed we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple