“Comfy Stay in the heart of Pendleton”

The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Comfy Stay in the heart of Pendleton”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We recently stayed a night in Pendleton at the Knights Inn. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel had recently been taken over by new owners who had added new microwave ovens and refrigerators to the room, making them suitable for longer stays. The new owners, Andrea and Surya were super helpful when I needed to send and receive faxes. I really enjoyed their sincere, courteous hospitality, but what I liked best is the super location of this hotel right in the main block of downtown Pendleton, just steps from the best restaurants in town. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Pendleton.
Chris, Room #111

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner courtyard are quieter. We stayed in room # 111 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris195627
Andrea D, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to review. I am happy you had a great stay and I can feel our hard work is working in a positive way. I agree with you about our location, after a long drive its great to stay somewhere you can get our and enjoy the area that you stopped in. I hope we see you soon. Have a wonderful day.

Owner/Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The price was reasonable but the management was spectacular and the location is perfect!! Drfinitely staying again!!! The pendleton brewery is right across the street as well as other bars and shops. Providing safe drinking experience and the brewery was super yummy!!! They know how too brew!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Rattone777
Wow-its great to hear you enjoyed your time not only at our hotel but also in Pendleton. We hope to see you again.

Owner/Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is newly owned by a very nice family who goes the extra mile to make their guests' stay problem-free. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Pendleton on foot. The owners went out of their way to help us on several occasions during our time there. We would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Yannathetraveler
Andrea D, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
We are glad you felt the sincerity in our efforts as we feel each guest is like family visiting. We also feel that our location is perfect because after driving a long time you can walk around the great town of Pendleton easily and leave your car at the hotel.

We hope you come again soon. Have a wonderful day.

Owner
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We drove out to Pendelton from Vancouver on a whim, staying the night here. It was by far the best location, staff was very accommodating, & we got a 15% discount at the attached steakhouse just for staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the moment to write a review, we value our guests feedback and I am glad to see you had a great stay. It definitely is a bonus to get the discount at Stetsons steakhouse, there food is great and Frank the owner really takes care of his guests.

I see you left 3 stars for the room please if you could email me to let me know how you feel we can improve our services.

Knightsinn97801@yahoo.com

Have a wonderful day

portland
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel is such a great find, we will go back to Pendleton just to stay there! My boyfriend and I had been on a long road trip and we were thinking of just pressing on to our home in Portland but decided to stay in Pendleton instead. After looking at a few of these reviews, we decided on Knight Inn, one of the best decisions our whole trip! It was a great ending to our adventures on the road, Andrea and her husband are so gracious and warm. The rooms are clean and functional. After we checked in we went down the street to the Rainbow bar (charming and fun) and met another guy that was staying at the Knights Inn and we talked for 10 minutes about how awesome the hotel was.
It seems rare these days to find a place where the owners really care about the guests, at Knights Inn you feel like family - we are going back for sure!!

1 Thank sidney a
Thank you Sidney A for taking the time to review. I remember you staying with us and and glad to see you made it back to Portland. Thank you for the nice review, as you know my husband and I are working hard to make this a peaceful place were guests treated like part of our family can come to stay for a peaceful rest.

Rainbow Café is a great place and it was nice to hear you met one of our other regular guests there. Next time stay longer and explore the other great things Pendleton has to offer.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the meantime have a wonderful summer!

Owner
La Center, Washington
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was recently in Pendleton, OR for work and stayed at The Knights Inn for 12 nights. New owners had just taken over the property the week before I arrived. They were friendly & accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure that my stay was pleasant & I had everything that I needed.
The room rates were a true bargain! My room had a microwave & a small frig. (Which made it possible for me to have some of my meals in my room).
I would suggest that you request to stay on the *parking lot* side as opposed to the street side if you will be there on the weekend and noise from the bar across the street might bother you.

I will be returning in July & in November and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.
J. Buchanan, La Center, WA

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jocelyn_aJ
Andrea D, Owner at The Marigold Hotel - Downtown Pendleton, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you Jocelyn for taking the time to write a review. I remember you staying with us in April. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy to here you will be coming back in July and November. Please give us a call so we can save your room for you.

Have a great day and see you soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We just needed a place to stay for the night as we were on our way home from our trip. We came in late and left early. We would have liked to stay longer and talk to the owners. They were so friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. Continental breakfast was adequate and appreciated. The price was right!

1 Thank Susan T