“Not a very pleasant experience”

Americas Best Value Inn Pendleton
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Reviewed 28 March 2014

In February my company booked me into the hotel for the first time, I was pretty apprehensive as I'd been to this property under a prior ownership to inspect it and was far from impressed. I was actually pleasantly surprised, it appeared clean and had good internet. Then in March they booked me there again, when I got into the room I noticed the toilet seat was up, but figured since it looked like the room had been cleaned the maid had forgotten to put it down, so no big deal.

I brought my work and suitcase in from the car, and sat on the bed till almost midnight working on reports. When it was time to bed down I pulled the bedspread down and what did I find? Blood, smears of blood across where the shoulders would be on the sheets. OHHHH YUCK! I called the desk and said, that this would not do, the desk clerk brought me sheets and I pointed, look. He walked over, didn't say a word looked and pulled the sheets off the bed. I put the sheets on the bed, but the blood had soaked through in specks all over the mattress pad. To say the least I was grossed out, I just couldn't sleep that way so went out to the car grabbed a pillow and my travel blanket and curled up at the end of the bed. In the morning the young woman at the front desk listened to my complaint and I left. She was sorry about it and said she would look.

The more I though about it I finally wrote to the franchise, this was bio hazard and really should be looked into. The complaint was forwarded back to the owner who called me, he was very pleasant, we will refund the company and give you a free nights stay he said. I though it was very nice and a excellent way to handle this unpleasant situation. After all accidents happen.

It was great till I got back to my office and there was a email from the same person. Apparently they record what you say in the office as he referenced my February comments verbatim and then essentially accused me of lying and making the mess on the sheets myself with coffee. Saying that the night clerk said, the room was well used (if your luggage & work on the desk & table mean well used) he also said I had a cup of freshly brewed coffee setting on the bed?? Funny thing, I don't drink coffee, never have & never will. The email was beyond rude and of such poor customer service that I responded telling him I'd advised the company of the refund and to not worry about the free stay I would not be back and was advising the company to no longer use their hotel for lodging. I'll go down the street to the Travelodge.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TwistedToyLady

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wasn't sure about staying at this hotel but we were shown a couple rooms and chose a upper floor which proved to work out very well. This is obviously a older property but has been updated and we had comfortable King size bed, microwave, refrigerator, new TV, and was very clean. We would have done better on the rate by booking on line as Expedia showed a $40 rate but when we checked in we were first quoted $69 then it came down to $59. Breakfast is in a compact space and nothing special but did have waffles and cold cereal. The rooms are very quiet and you can get a good sleep here and is worth checking out especially if you are traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JERRYG448
MGMT201, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

We greatly appreciate for choosing us and your stay with us,also appreciate you acknowlwding our beast efforts,it really menas a lot.
Please be our guest again when ever you are travelling and passing through the area or visiting the area.
Once again thank you for your valuable time to write a great review for us!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed the night in Pendleton on our way to Boise and decided to try this motel after reading some reviews and seeing the price. We definitely got the lowest rate in the town it seems and the room was decent.

The property was really clean and well kept and the staff members we encountered were extremely friendly. Didn't think the bed was all that comfortable but for the money and being there for such a short period of time it was fine. Also, it is located in downtown which really is kind of out of the way but not more than a few minutes.

Not sure if we'll stay here again simply because the bed was pretty uncomfortable but if we're on a budget it'll be at the top of our list for sure! It seems a little silly to pay $80+/night (which seems to be the going rate around Pendleton) when there's a well kept stop over available for half the price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MGMT201, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Once again thank you for your valuable time to write a great review for us!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Despite it being Super Bowl Sunday, we were on the road attending to some unfinished family business in Pendleton, Oregon. Though this is an older property, it is very-well maintained, absolutely clean, the staff quick to respond to requests and, in general, a definite 'return to' hotel.

The beds were very comfy, bathrooms well-appointed, internet response timely and climate-control systems functioned well.

If I had to find a gripe about the Best Value in Pendleton, it would have to be the parking lot. Anything over a mid-size car is tough to navigate in the cramped spaces (especially on snowy, icy winter days). But, this is a very minor issue on a very reasonably-priced room.

Located about 7 minutes off the interstate, America's Best Value Inn in Pendleton is worth the bit of extra drive. Try it. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
MGMT201, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We Greatly apprecite ,your acknowledgement for us and our staff,we want to thank you for the same,it means a lot to us and keeps us motivated to keep moving in the right direction,by serving great guests like you! Please b eour guests again ,when you ar ein the area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We decided to try Americas Best Value Inn after a failed attempt at another hotel (NO ONE came to the counter while I stood there for 10 minutes). Beds were comfortable, room was clean, and it was quiet. The only thing we had trouble with was getting the heat adjusted to a comfortable for us temperature. It seemed like there was no happy medium, but at least it was warm! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The lower floor room (111) with wireless internet was very clean, all of the essential componenets, coffee, etc etc and was lovely and warm.
As we had a reservation the receptionist had the forethought to go to our room and put the heating on for our arrival on a cold January night/.
We got the hotel off Hotels.com and was unbelievably inexpensive..
The staff are really good, the room was clean (but basic) and quiet.
After 14hrs on road thats all I wanted.
The breakfast was continental, with a reasonable selection

Room Tip: Hotel is downtown whicj\h is a bit out the way, but best value hotel/motel in Pendleton
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The staff and manager was very nice and helpful. My room was spotless and the staff were always there to bring extra towels and toiletries. Pendelton is a nice small town and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family