Pendleton House Historic Inn
US$51
US$89
US$86
US$121
Travelodge Pendleton OR(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$128
US$108
US$103
Oxford Suites Pendleton(Pendleton)
US$115
Rugged Country Lodge(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$60
All reviewsb bfront porchwonderful hostsother guestsbreakfast was deliciousbed and breakfaststep back in timerooms are gorgeoussipping wineprivate baththe river walktwo blocksin townthe underground toura wonderful staymain streeteastern oregon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I chose Pendleton for our anniversary get-away weekend only because it was close to the place we were dropping our son off for a Boy Scout activity. We had certainly never thought of Pendleton as a romantic get-away destination, but what a delightful surprise! When I called the "Pendleton Underground" folks for a tour reservation, they recommended Pendleton House B&B as a beautiful place to stay. We felt welcomed and appreciated, but never "smothered" by too much attention. The house's location is so convenient to downtown, but very quiet. The room was great, the house is stunning (original silk wall coverings, ornate woodwork, crystal light fixtures, and the coolest bathroom ever. And breakfast!! Farm-fresh eggs, hot berry cobbler, local bacon, stuffed tomatoes... all shared with good people. Yes, it cost a little more than the "Sleep Cheap" down the road, but I've never left a "Sleep Cheap" wishing I could go back next week. How do you put a dollar value on a feeling like that?

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed one night in this lovely historic home (in the Maid's Room because we had out dog) which is a short walk to downtown. The room overlooked the back garden which has recently been redone. Marijo made sure we knew all the best things to see in Pendleton and the best places to eat! The bed was so comfortable and in the morning Marijo went out of her way to ensure a delicious gluten-free breakfast! We felt right at home having wine in the living room in the evening and coffee on the front porch before breakfast. The house is "over the top" amazing and so beautifully decorated.

Room Tip: Rooms do have shared bathrooms currently but two of the rooms share a private bath with works great for friends/family. I heard there are more bathrooms in the works!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Just stayed overnight traveling from near Seattle to Boise. After a five hour drive, we needed a place to relax, rejuvenate, and recharge.

This was the best place.

Mary Jo is the most gracious hostess you will find. She really wants you to feel at home and it shows in every aspect of this gem. She was full of information about the town, restaurants, activities, etc. We were even invited to a wine party, on the property, that she and the neighbors have twice a month - it was really fun.

The 1915 mansion is amazing. The living and dining rooms boast original silk wall coverings and drapes. The front porch is private enough to sit on for morning coffee and enjoy the view of downtown's main street. The bedroom was perfect with a beautiful king bed that was very comfortable. Every room feels like home.

We walked a block to main street in downtown and thoroughly enjoyed the shops. We had a great steak dinner a couple of blocks from the B & B. And we plan to revisit Pendleton because there was so much to do that was fun.

After a restful night we had coffee on the porch and then the most delicious omelet for breakfast. The food was excellent. (When we arrived Mary Jo asked if we had any special dietary requirements. She really does cater to your needs.)

In short, we left feeling like we had a mini-vacation. It was quite a treat to stay here. You should book a room to discover this gem. We're glad we did. And we will be back.

Room Tip: Every guest we talked with at breakfast had nothing but good things to say about their rooms. There were no complaints.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy B, Owner at Pendleton House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Marijo is still giggling about the fun she had with you folks. Thank you for a wonderful time!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Review of Pendleton House B & B Pendleton, Oregon
The reasons my wife and I rated this B & B as "terrible" are quite simple:

Over two weeks prior to our check-in date and due to a change in our travel plans, I E-mailed a reservation cancellation to the Pendleton House. Two days later, I sent a follow-up E-mail reconfirming our cancelation, and requesting confirmation. On this E-mail, I also addressed it to myself( in addition to addressing it to the Pendleton House). I cancelled by E-mail, rather than by telephone, so there would be a documented record of our cancellation.

Upon returning home from our vacation, we noticed that our credit card was charged by the Pendleton House for the night we had cancelled, I immediately sent another E-mail addressed to the Pendleton House, with the two cancelation E-mails attached. Later, when I called the Pendleton House, the Innkeeper, (Tracy) stated that they --- "...had no record of having received the two E-mail cancelations".

I believe it of interest to note the Innkeeper's language; he never said that he "didn't receive them"--his verbal statement has always been..."we have no record of having received them" -- there is a big difference between the two. Obviously, if the two cancelation E-mails had been previously deleted from the Pendleton House computer, there would now be "no record" of having received them.

I mentioned to Stacy that I had used the very same email address as published on their website and it appeared highly improbable that both of the cancellation E-mails, sent two days apart, would not have been received. I also advised him that I had documented evidence that the second cancellation E-mail was, in fact, successfully sent and also successfully received by me on the internet.

Accordingly, I requested a full credit. The Innkeeper refused to do so.

All of my E-mails show that they were processed through to the Pendleton House. They serve as valid, documented evidence of the fact that my internet service provider actually sent them. I submit that it is more likely that the Pendleton House did, in fact, receive both of my cancellation E-mails, but either by error or otherwise, deleted them without processing the cancelation.

Along those lines, it would appear that any Innkeeper would be very concerned if, in fact, he had "no record" of two separate E-mails, sent two days apart, from a guest with a reservation. Yet, at no time, did Stacy ever mention that he was going to take steps, by a professional or other, to determine the reason(s)why -- or to obtain any sort of documentation to support his claim.

In summary: I have documented proof of my two E-mail reservation cancelations; they show the month, day, date, year, hour, and minute of not only when they were sent (and also when I received the second E-mail when I also addressed it to myself-- in addition to addressing it to the Pendleton House).

The Pendleton House Innkeeper has only verbal comments to support his claim that he has "no record" of two separate E-mails sent two days apart; and has no substantiation or documentation whatsoever to support such a position, other than his "saying so".

Having visited many, many B & B's, we can easily say that this one is to be avoided --

1  Thank johnandlinda19178

Hold onto your ponies....this is going to take some time to read! =)

First, I would invite reviewers to look at the following post left by this same guest at the beautiful and classic Rose River Inn located in Astoria, OR just the week before his posting to ours (it's really worth the read but you will have to copy and paste into your browser):

The Pendleton House is a small local business which relies on the kindness and appreciation of our guests to perpetuate good reviews for future travelers. We take our reviews seriously and ensure best efforts are made to make the booking/staying/departure experience a positive one. Sometimes, well...things don't work as expected. And our apologies go out to these guests.

Cancellation policies protect both the guest and the B&B from unintentional mistakes made by either party. To eliminate the possibility of confusion, we post the policy clearly at two points during the online booking procedure.

This guest had to read this policy twice, and upon the final checkout process, he was also required to sign the "I AM CHECKING THIS BOX BECAUSE I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND POLICIES" checkbox. This is true on all of our online bookings.

Our policies are also viewable from a link at the bottom of EVERY page on our website, and clearly states it is the guests' responsibility to get a confirmation number as there are various opportunities for errors on email addresses etc. This guest viewed and signed all of these and indeed received a confirmation number for booking.

It is a common and accepted best practice among hoteliers and well understood by any seasoned traveler they will also receive a confirmation number for cancelling a reservation. The system cannot create a cancellation number if the cancellation is never received.

And as for the guest's statement about the emails sent, who knows where they went or even if they were sent? Regardless it makes sense in the best interest of a business like ours, that we be responsible and takes adequate steps to ensure cancellations are documented. However, the responsibility lies with both parties. We simply cannot create a confirmation if the cancellation is not received. Guests need to inform us if they don not receive their confirmations.

I know your eyes are probably sore if you are still reading, but I want to make these final points:

1) Our innkeeper Marijo stayed up until 12:30AM waiting for these guests. She called their cell number twice during the evening & left messages because she was worried for them. This guest would not not return her calls.
2) Cancellation policies are necessary to protect both the guest and the business
3) Cancellation numbers are issued automatically. This guest could not produce a cancellation number.
4) It is in our best interest to ALWAYS issue cancellation numbers when rooms are cancelled
5) If guests don't inform us they have not received their confirmations, we have no way to know
6) We love and appreciate all of our guests and want them to enjoy their stay and experience with us in our hometown
7) Read the review this guy left the Rose River Inn (and the innkeepers response). It is enlightening

Enough said already!!
Peace and happy travels to all of you

Tracy (not Stacy) =)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I first stayed here in April and returned in May. Here for work and I travel a lot for work around state. This is by far one of favorite places to stay. The people here are warm and kind. Attention to detail. Breakfasts are wonderful, above expectations. The house is kept up at the highest level, rooms are also at high quality standard.

• Stayed: April 2014
Tracy B, Manager at Pendleton House Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We LOVE our guests! Each guest brings us new insights and experiences from all over the country. You shared with us your wonderful stories of great wine, good food and fun times with friends. Thank you for sharing so much with us during your stays. We laughed, and can't wait to see you the next time around. Thanks P. for your visit =)