Red Lion Hotel Pendleton
US$93
US$89
US$86
US$116
Travelodge Pendleton OR(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$115
US$127
US$111
Hotels.com
Rugged Country Lodge(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$66
All reviewsbreakfast buffetrolling hillsoutdoor poolbed was comfortablegreat priceroad triploungelionsdogpetfreewaysoapsportlandchain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a large property that needs attention. Our room was spacious and clean with typical amenities. Decor is quite dated, carpet stained and old. Comfortable bed. Appreciated 2 sinks, one separate from bathroom - good when 2 are trying to get ready at same time. Beautiful view of the valley. Pool area seemed nice. Did not eat any meals on the property, breakfast not included. No problem with WIFI. Overall just an ok place.

Room Tip: Ask for the valley view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What can I say. The service was OK, not great but not terrible. The beds were nice, but the rooms were subpar. I rented literally the most expensive room and the WIFI would not work in the bedroom, only the living space. The TVs were upgraded, but still had the old cabinets which were literally falling apart. Would I stay here again? I suppose, but certainly not if there were better options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Whenever we travel thru Pendleton we stay at the Red Lion. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We love going to the lounge for a bite to eat and a glass of wine. We highly recommend staying here if you ever get the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I choose to stay at this hotel based on past experience in Seattle and Yakima.

I checked in around 8:30pm. Staff was less than friendly so I tried to make small talk. I joked about having a nice room and she said sure.

I got to my room #372, it was clean and ready for guests. When I turned on the TV the left 20% of the screen didn't work. I left it on hoping when it warmed up the screen would function properly, sorry to say this never happened.

In the morning I went for walk around the hotel. My room had a terrific view of the parking lot, during my walk I noticed half the hotel has wonderful views into the valley and rolling hills. Upon check out I asked if the hotel was busy and she said they had filled about 51 rooms and had a total of about 180. I did advise her of the TV malfunction but got no response.

The price was right for a Red Lion but there are so many options at a lesser cost on the same exit. I was surprised that I was not put into a room with a better view to begin with. I was put in the building far away from the main building and was not even told about an option of purchasing a breakfast.

Overall this was not a good visit. Probably would not recommend this location to any travelers.
I would rate this stay about a 3.5 out of 10.

Roger Grant
rogeregrant@comcast.net

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that our staff did not provide you with friendly and welcoming service. I would like to apologize for the television in your room not working properly as well. Please be assured that these issue will be addressed with our staff.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

stayed overnight last week and severely disappointed. Red Lion used to be at the top for accommodations and food but now it is barely acceptable. The Saturday night prime rib was a reheated slice of previously prepared meat - rather than medium rare, it was medium well, and tough. The Sunday brunch was about the caliber of what you can find at Holiday Inn for free. Never again stay at Red Lion, Pendleton, Oregon, and it puts the entire chain of hotels in question.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple