“Service please” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Pendleton
Oregon
“Service please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was in Pendleton for a week on business and my job placed me at the Red Lion. Room overlooked the parking lot even though my company paid a higher than standard price. Apparently for $10 extra you can get a room with a view but I did not find this out until I was settled in. Room was tired looking and very dark but the bed was comfortable. The shower head must have been partially clogged since there was an irregular spray and dribbling. The trash and dirty cups were not cleared away every day - only after I complained.
Staff was mixed in friendliness. Some of the housekeeping staff were nonchalant and would not go out of their way when I would question something. Waitress in the bar was friendly but the food was only "meh".
I would have liked to check out the pool but there were thunderstorms daily.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view of the wheat fields and mountains.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sherwood Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel with great value for the room we got. The booking went smooth, the room and bed were excellent and the breakfast (hot and cold food) is above average. It has lots of parking and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My family visits Pendleton every August to attend an aerobatic competition. This year the event coordinator booked rooms for us at the Red Lion Pendleton. It was not a great experience.

The room we had was very large and had a nice view. The price was okay. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly (mostly), though it appeared the hotel was very understaffed. That's about all the positive comments I can think of.

The first day we checked in around dinner time. Our room was ready, but several others in our group were told they would have to wait for theirs. Like I said, the room was large, but showing its age with lots of paint scrapes, worn spots on the furniture, etc. The hotel itself has lots of places where paint and general maintenance are needed asap.

Daily maid service for our room was minimal at best. My 10 year old granddaughter does a better job making beds! I don't think the bathroom counters were ever wiped down because some talcum powder spilled the 2nd day of our stay was still there when we packed to leave at the end of our 4th day . (I left it there to see if anyone would clean up the counter. My suspicions of poor maid service were confirmed ). I doubt if the bathtub or toilet were ever cleaned either. To be fair, we did get prompt service when I called to ask for more towels.

The maid service was not the only place where this hotel was lacking. The pool area was pretty awful. It has a great view, but the pool was dirty , and there was glass all over where one of the glass patio tables had been broken and not cleaned up very well.

Breakfast is not free at this hotel, but was not very expensive. However, what is offered at the buffet is a meager choice of a few cereals, under cooked bacon, over cooked eggs. The hash browns were good.

Usually our event coordinator books rooms for us at another hotel in Pendleton. That hotel was full this year. If we go again next year, we will not be staying at the Red Lion. A different hotel with better maid service and better overall cleanliness is worth a few dollars more.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank retiredandtravelin'
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. I would like to apologize for our housekeeping staff not properly cleaning your room throughout your stay. I am sorry to hear about the poor condition of the poo and area around it as well. I do want to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff to prevent this from happening in the future.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Travellers are raving about these Pendleton hotels

Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

When we made the reservation the lady helping us was very nice and helpful. But when arrived months later, the receptionist was abrupt and uninterested in checking us in. We booked a junior suite which as on the first (bottom of the hotel) floor, it was dark, dingy, and kind of spooky. We opened the door to the room and it was dark, very old, the furniture has stains on them, the room had 2 sliding glass doors that offered NO security and was ground level with a weak bar going across the part of the sliding glass door that opens. The bathroom had a bathtub with a shower next to it. The shower, I'm guessing, would have only been big enough for a child and was about 2 to 3 feet wide at best, plus it was very dark. We spent less than 5 minutes in the room before we found another hotel to stay at.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 3ETravelers
RL_Customer_Care, Corproate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the issues you experienced with our staff. I do want to apologize for the condition of the suite you stayed in and we certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards
Draper, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I like Red lion hotels, and this hotel is an example of why. Nice, large, clean rooms with comfortable bed and pillows. The AC did as I asked (blew cold), and even though it was somewhat noisy I slept like a rock. The rooms have been updated and are super clean and comfy. The parking lot is also very trailer friendly so if you're towing something you will like this place even more. There's two gas stations across the street as well as a Shari's restaurant, so it's perfect for a stop overnight on a road trip. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arrived 3 hours after check in time, sent us to a room that was still being cleaned. Sat in lobby for an hour wait I get for room because front desk gal had to run to store for sheets. We have stayed here before and loved it. Gone downhill since last year.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. I would like to apologize for a room not being available at the time you arrived at our hotel. This is definitely not how we want your stay with us to begin. I do want to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff to prevent this from happening in the future.
Shady Cove, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Red Lion must be going broke because maintenance at this hotel is at a minimum. They were understaffed and rooms sometimes were not cleaned until late afternoon. We also helped out the wait staff in the convention dining room with set-up. They had two people not show up.
There were no screens on the sliding balcony doors, thus bugs could get into your room. The room had a very tiny closet. There was only one plug for the entire bathroom area. Many people complained about no water pressure. The internet was very slow.
The one upside was the friendly front counter staff!!! All smiles and very helpful! They were taking complaints all day. This was not good for an Oregon Mayor's Conference.........

Room Tip: Wait until they remodel the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that we were short staffed during your convention and that you assisted with the set up. I would also like to apologize for the condition of your room as well.
I would like to assure you that this will be addressed with all of our staff to ensure that it does not happen again in the future. Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.