All reviews breakfast buffet outdoor pool next morning great price lounge lions pet freeway drawers portland chain
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We and In late, like 2am. The layout at night is a bit confusing, and we drove into a maintenance access. Oops. But daytime cleared up our confusion. The hot tub and pool are outdoor, which was nice since it was so hot out. The hotel has an Indian/western theme, with beautiful art pieces on the walls. The view by the pool and back rooms is awesome! Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your selection of the Red Lion and your recent stay. I appreciate your comments and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel when your travels brings you to Pendleton.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Wonderful staff, friendly, comfy rooms. Excellent views and it has easy access to/from the freeway. Just be sure to communicate with the front desk staff if you have any special requests or needs. We loved our room.

Stayed: July 2017

Thank you for chosing the Red Lion and your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels brings you to Pendleton!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Rooms could be cleaner, smell like animal urine. They were out of food at 645 pm for dinner. Cody at front desk was very helpful in getting us another room. We stay at the hotel a lot and always seem to have problems with the cleanliness of the rooms. Maybe it's time to start looking at other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for selecting the Red Lion and for your review. I was sorry to see that upon your arrival your room was not up to Red Lion Standards. Thank you for the comments that Cody was able to quickly move you to a more comfortable room. I was also sorry to see that we were "out of food" at 6:45 pm and hope that it was only a particular entree that you were hungary for. I will be speaking with both the housekeeping and food and beverage staff so we are making sure we have proper training for cleanliness, service and product availability.

We hope you will give Red Lion another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The staff could have been a bit more educated on policy when it comes to bicycles in the rooms. They ended up having to call the GM to see. It all ended up well. The air conditioning wasn't too cold and after a long day of cycling, wasn't the best feeling. The rooms were good although there was trash and an old beer bottle left in the room. That was a first for me. The beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby. I didn't hear any noise from upstairs which was surprising. I would stay here again. They do charge for breakfast as well which I don't think is appropriate when I saw what they offered. It was also not mentioned at check in.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Cheryl M, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you very much for your recent stay and the Red Lion and for your comments. The Red Lion provides various different rates both at the property level and on-line that include breakfast or just rate only. It is sometimes a little tricky to know which rates include breakfast and which ones do not. We do not get request for bicycles to be in guestrooms and appreciate you asking prior to checkin. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department so we can make sure that the guestrooms have been properly cleaned and prepared for our next guest. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you when you visit Pendleton in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Located right off the freeway, the rooms facing the back have a nice view. The pool was out of order part of the time I was here, and the building is showing a lot of wear and tear. For example a ceiling air unit in the hall is cracked and made me nervous to walk under it, carpet is fraying, though I did see them installing some new carpet on the other side of the building. The sheer curtain is literally in shreds and the chair and ottoman which was originally gold is pretty much black now and I wouldn't go near it. Housekeeping is in dire need of training because every single day I was here they neglected my supplies and I had to go after them. They didn't vacuum my room the whole week I was here and did the bare minimum. Was not impressed with housekeeping at all. Front check-in experience was not good because the guy was too busy on his headphones to tell me about the hotel amenities aside from the coffee pot and the fridge in my room. Really? Maybe you can mention something about the restaurant or the hot tub or the business desk or something? The bed and bedding was comfortable the room had decent amenities and I got a decent rate. But I'm hesitating on coming back oh my next trip through here soon because of the laissez-faire attitude of quite a few staff, which I found disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your time to write a review about your stay and hotel. I was sorry to see that our service was not up to Red Lion standards. We strive to provide service that is above and beyond and it is comments like yours that lets us know when we have failed. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff so we can make sure we are providing service that Red Lion has been know for. We are in the process of trying to make upgrades to our hotel and yes, we just recently added new public area carpet. Thank you and we hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.