“A great stay that exceeded our expectations”

Phoenix Motel Oregon
Phoenix Motel Oregon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 11 October 2013

What a value! Clean and comfortable with roomy comfortable beds plus our room had a large kitchenette with all the features including a standard size fridge. Combine that with the manager's kind caring service and a nice "to go" breakfast bar every morning at the office.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Hope you like Hairy beds. I checked in and the owner was rude when I told him his bed was covered in hair. I have had family stay here in the past and they agree that he has bad manners.The guest is always wrong. you will not enjoy the stay.If you ask for toilet paper or towels after room service in morning the owner will refuse.Think of a low budget hotel in India this is it.

Room Tip: I will sleep in my car before I stay here again.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed a week at the Phoenix Motel, my brothers live in Phoenix and we were looking forward to a family gathering. We'd lived in Ashland, lovely, historic, Shakespeare/theatre, so we know the area very well. We arrived July 18, the week of the 101 to 104 degree temps - which we knew beforehand but figured with AC and parks and theatre we'd have a great time.
Checked into our room, turned on the AC and were blown away by the foulest air you could ever imagine, let alone breath. We immediately reported to the manager, who took absolutely no responsibility. Zip - zero. He told us we were wrong, the AC was fine because he had a very good nose. For 4 days + we slept with no AC, or tried to sleep in pools of sweat. We reported the problem a total of 4 times and it wasn't until the 4th time, when the manager was working with an AC service man, that our problem was taken seriously - by the AC man. He came to our unit #108 and took one whiff of the foul air and replaced the AC within 15 minutes. So, 4 awful days later, paying to stay in a motel with a "No Refund Policy" and no honest attempt to solve the AC problem - we finally had cool clean air.
One of the worst factors was that, at night, we'd leave our bathroom window and our front window - which opened right onto the parking lot - open for any cross ventilation. This was not a recommended or safe condition since The Phoenix Motel is right on Hwy 99 the main well traveled route between Ashland and Medford. Also, an added insult was that all the smokers smoke blew into our room when they'd stand outside their room (all hours of the night) since smoking isn't allowed IN the rooms.
I would not recommend this motel because: 1) if while staying there you had any problem you would not appreciate the managers disrespect for the paying customer 2) it's just not worth spending our money that way. You may have read the slogan on The Phoenix Motel's website that states "we guarantee you will not be disappointed". This is an untruthful statement.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed at the Phoenix Motel three times this spring. Each time I have found the rooms clean, very quiet and well maintained for an inexpensive motel. I found the rooms in this motel more comfortable than the claustrophobic room I stayed in at one of the major hotels in Ashland.

The motel is U shaped and the rooms at the bottom of the U, I think they were 111-116, have windows on both sides. The windows in the back look out on greenery and it was very pleasant to have these curtains open and still have privacy. The kitchens are minimally stocked so if you plan to use the kitchen, bring what you need in terms of pots and pans etc. It is a relaxing15 minute drive on Main street into downtown Ashland.

Room Tip: The motel is U shaped and the rooms at the bottom of the U, I think they were 111-116, have windows...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I've stayed there frequently over the past 10-plus years. I love the on-site owners who always remember and welcome me. They are always making an effort to keep the motel in good working order, new dabs of paint one year, new bedding and furniture another year. I noted one unhappy review - must have been having a bad day and didn't talk to the owners about any problems. I'll be back there in a couple of days.

Room Tip: Parking for corner rooms can be "squeezy".
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Connie D
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Older motel, but well maintained. The owner lives onsite and very helpful about nearby area and directions. Room was very clean, microwave small fridge and coffee maker were provided. Fast food grocery store and parks within walking or biking distance, Will make this a regular stop when in the area

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank autumtexas
Reviewed 5 April 2013

If you're going to see Shakespeare, or just going down the road, this little motel is a real find. It's probably 50s vintage, but clean and airy and inexpensive. Outdoor swimming pool. The owners, who live on the premises are very friendly and helpful. I asked how to get to a nearby walking path, the owner walked with me there, to be sure I found it. They tell me they have repeat customers who reserve rooms every year for the Shakespeare Festival. I'm not surprised!

Room Tip: If you want a kitchen, ask for it. Not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank betty l

Been to Phoenix Motel Oregon? Share your experiences!