“Good traditional Mexican Food”

La Tapatia Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: La Tapatia Restaurant and Meat Deli is located in historic Phoenix in beautiful Southern Oregon. The restaurant opened in 1992 and has been family owned and operated ever since. What is La Tapatia? La Tapatia is an endearing name given to the women of Guadalajara, Mexico. La Tapatia Restaurant has taken great pride in creating fresh, authentic food in the spirit of celebrating unique flavors of the Guadalajara region. We have a relaxed and welcoming setting that our guests and loyal customers from near and far have enjoyed over the years. We invite you to stop by, bring your friends and family and of course...your appetite. Voted "Best of the Best" by Southern Oregon Magazine, and "Battle of the Beans" Winner three years in a row, La Tapatia has developed a reputation of excellence and is highly regarded by locals and visitors alike. We also offer take out and catering services. La Tapatia invites you to enjoy our daily menu in our home or yours. Mi casa es su casa...Bien Venidos!!
Phoenix, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good traditional Mexican Food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am an 83 year old man and I have eaten Mexican food all up and down the West coast. This restaurant serves excellent food. Their Chiles rellenos are particularly good. They also make an excellent horchata.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank FatherErnie2014

California
“Yummy”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our son brought us here last weekend. It's his go to place after being in one of his clinical settings. I was a little leery at first due to the neighborhood and exterior of the place but the food was excellent. I had the carne asada burrito, massive amount of very tasty food. I took about half of it back with me to the hotel! We will return...

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Terrible.”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Mexican is my favorite kind of food, and I've had a whole lot of it. This is, by far, the worst I have had in the area. The chorizo tasted like cat food and the birria de res was bland and watery. The carne asada wasn't bad. It was really quite flavorful, but it's not enough to bring me back. The service is pathetic. The woman who took the order seemed bothered to deal with me and one of the cooks practically dropped the plates on the table in front of us and walked away without a word. The fact that there's a market in front would be kind of nice if it weren't falling apart and smelled bad. Authentic is a good descriptor, but authentic doesn't always mean it's GOOD authentic.

• Visited October 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Not so good this visit”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have been going to LaTapatia for years and it's always been super. The last two visits haven't been as good. I noticed a couple of new people in the kitchen so maybe they lost their old cook.

• Visited September 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Tacos ARE a food group”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I can never get past the tacos here. They are just what I desire when in this real market and restaurant. The pork are my favorite, but any I have tried have been great. I usually get a bottle of beer to wash it down and cool my mouth from the really hot red sauce. Milder green and red sauce are self serve as well. 3 tacos fill me up, my son can eat 6 or so. Cheap super good. They may be closed on tuesday, check and see.

• Visited August 2013