Americas Best Value Inn - Phoenix / Ashland
US$119
Homewood
US$121
US$98
Best Western Horizon Inn(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$115
BestWestern.com
US$103
US$97
Comfort Inn South(Medford)(Great Value!)
US$104
ComfortInn
US$78
Travelocity
US$55
  • Pool
All reviewsenglish muffinssouthern oregonwould stay here againcontinental breakfastgreat stopnext morningashlandnoisefurnituretvcomfortroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2008

The place is a health hazard. Its smells, its filthy. They need to use the excess chlorine from the pool to clean the rooms. I have stayed in less seedy places for half the price! We drove 8 hours to visit the in-laws who live in the RV park across the freeway, so this place was convenient. But then embarrassing as they came to visit and we began to find all the problems. We had two infants under a year old, and I was afraid to put them down. I called prior to making the reservation to confirm we could get a crib in the room, on arrival we were told they haven't had cribs in 3 years, they'd have to pay twice for their insurance if they supplied them, (I'm supposed to care?!) which they then gave us one that had the bolts and screws fallign out and had crevices for tiny fingers to get pinched in when it wobbled. The floors made our feet black, and It Was the Floors because we showered after attempting to swim in the itty bitty over-chlorinated pool (the picture on the website is misleading). The shower handle came off in our hand in one room, the shower fixtures wobbled in the next and the toilet leaked to to soak the entire floor and connecting carpet. The sink stopper didn't work, so I just pulled out the plug. The towels were stained. The bedspreads were beyond belief, my 3 month old was laying on it for maybe 15 minutes and rubbed black stuff on her ear and side of her face. My son got bug bites on his arms and face.
The front desk staff were friendly but appeared as if they had heard it all before and one even said she was tired of it as well even as she tried to give us new towels and sheets, or a new room, which we had already moved before the 2nd onslaught of filth. The manager lied to us and put us off until her shift was over. The owner never returned a message.
HORRENDOUS DOES NOT BEGIN.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank disneyfamily99
americasbestinnphoen, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Phoenix / Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the America’s Best Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We thank you for your review and regret the incidence and our apologies howsoever.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the front desk manager for any unruly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given additional training to the hotel staff and housekeeping staff to ensure that the rooms and amenities are promptly maintained and taken care of at all times.

We take our reviews very seriously.

During your next visit to our place please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed 16 November 2007

I stayed at the Super 8 motel on my way to california, there was nothing good about this hotel. The room at a terrible smell to it, we switch rooms but the next room was just as bad. There were ants in the room and in the bed. The breakfast was not even worth staying for. The front desk clerks were very nice, but the owner of the hotel was very rude, he yelled at one of his employees with us standing right there checking in. The motel would not honnor the rate published on the internet and in the super 8 book. The motel advertised that they allow pets and then refused to allow my pet in the room. All in all this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, the owner should not even be allowed to run a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssmith85

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.

We have addressed your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

The hotel staff has been well trained and each room is being thoroughly checked for cleanliness and proper amenities before checking in a new guest.

Hope you will take a note of our actions and visit us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2006

When our car broke down en route to California, we went ahead and stayed here, since we'd booked a night for our return trip. The best thing I can say about the room is that it was clean. The toilet ran constantly (we had to turn it off between flushes), the overhead light didn't work, a drawer was missing a knob, and there was no plug for the tub.

But it was the lack of compassion for our plight which really stank. We explained that our car wouldn't be done until around 5 pm and asked for a late check-out. We were told that was impossible; we had to vacate our room by noon. So we asked if we could hang out in the breakfast room (long tables covered by tacky sheets of plastic). Absolutely not! We had to stay in the (very public) lobby - all 5 of us and our gear! It was almost too bad our 3 boys are well-behaved teens instead of bratty younger kids.

Needless to say, I cancelled our reservation for our return trip and booked us somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank svacuna

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the America’s Best Inn for your recent stay.

We appreciate your review and bringing to our notice about the incidence.

We are examining the late check out issue with the hotel staff.

Anyhow we have clearly instructed to see that such an incident is never happens again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to see you again!

A TripAdvisor Member
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 31 August 2003

My granddaughter and I spent 2 nites at the Pear Tree Motel and RV Park, located in south Medford, Oregon, at Exit 30, off Hwy I-5. We had a very pleasant stay there, for the rooms are quite well soundproofed, so that you don't hear your neighbors very much; so we got a MUCH better nite's sleep than we did the previous nite at a Best Western in Redding, Calif.!!They serve a generous Continental Breakfast, including two cereals, both English muffins and bread for toasting, pastries, milk, juices, and coffee. They were very helpful and efficient at the front desk. They also have a nice outdoor pool and excellent whirlpool -- one of the best I've found at hotels. They are attached to an excellent small RV park, also, which might be important to some travelers.I would mention one concern -- they are also right next to a huge truck stop. At some times during the day or nite, you might hear the sounds of the diesel engines running. So, I would say that if you're a light sleeper, or quite sensitive to any sounds, this might not be the place for you. Otherwise, I believe it is a very good value for your travel dollars!!

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member