“Typical fish shack”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: small restaurant located right on the dock - fresh and delicisiou seafood right off the boats..
Manzanita, Oregon
“Typical fish shack”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Not great food, but at least the place was open! Nothing else in town was on President's Day or most other winter days. They have a tiny little museum and the whole place reminds me of going to the beach in the 50s and 60s. Unfortunately, I've gotten used to much better food since then. We were still grateful for our lunch. I had a bowl of chowder which came with a lump of butter on top and my husband had the fried oysters, which were mediocre.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank annlemery

northern california
“Great Cioppino”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stopped here on our way home from the Oregon Coast and had lunch. Nice break from the drive, he had cioppino and said it was excellent. I had the 2 piece fish and chips and they were very good. Not all thick with batter, just enough breading to make them good! Cute little place, very rustic, dock setting. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with selecting our lunch.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank zimms4golf
“OK For Lunch”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a quick bite here. I had 3pc fish and chips, he had combo plate which included oysters (which he felt were a bit "strong"). I enjoyed my fish. He enjoyed the rest of his lunch. I don't know if I would come here for dinner but a midday meal or snack & a beer would be ok.

1 Thank Jordan0501
“Just OK...”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband & I had lunch at Griff's after a recommendation from a friend. He said they serve some of the best cioppino that he had ever eaten. On our visit, we tried the fish & chips and calamari & chips. I didn't care for the corn meal batter (I prefer beer batter). It was OK, but not great, and I thought the dishes were priced high for the quality. If you go, try the cioppino instead.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Soozesun
Trinidad, California
“Cute Place”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Cute tiny restaurant on the dock where the fisherman are. Nothing fancy they had fresh petrale sole caught right there for dinner, baked potato and a salad with homemade pies.

• Visited January 2014