“Great Food at a Working Location”

Griff's On The Dock
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Port Orford
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: small restaurant located right on the dock - fresh and delicisiou seafood right off the boats..
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Food at a Working Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Small restaurant on the dock in Port Orford. We stopped on a whim while driving the Oregon Coast and enjoyed fish that was recently caught. If you want a good meal at a great location this is the place - prices are very reasonable as well. While waiting for your meal you can walk the dock and check out the fishing boats that are hoisted onto the dock each day since the dock isn't protected from ocean swells. A nice little store and gift shop are part of the restaurant as well.

Worth the stop and I am guessing your best option for food in Port Orford.

• Visited July 2014

Chico, California, USA
“OK Place”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We at lunch here. My friend had a tuna dinner, I had a salmon burger. The tuna was excellent. I was very disappointed in my salmon burger. When I order a chicken burger someplace, I expect a piece of chicken, not ground up pressed, sold-frozen patty. On the other hand, a hamburger is ground beef. Being right on the dock, and this being salmon season, I expected salmon in my burger to be something like a fillet or freshly ground up salmon. Instead, what I got looked very much like frozen salmon burgers that I buy at Costco -- same size, same appearance and consistency, and same flavor. (If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....) So here is a place on a pier, serving salmon during salmon season, and I am served a "Costco--like" patty. Whatever.

Griff's is in a cute building. There is some charm there. The service was excellent. The tuna was good.

Visited July 2014
Tualatin, Oregon, United States
“Great food with a view”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stopped at Griff's for dinner. I had the Ciopino, which was very good. The staff is friendly and quick. One mice thing about this restaurant, some of the specials are fish, right from the dock.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dick M
Rural SC
“Awesome lunch in unique setting in a working harbour”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate lunch at Griff's on our visit to Port Orford. Excellent fish and chips with fresh red snapper
for my husband, and I had a bowl of the house cioppino- and it was delicious! And both were generous sized portions. The restaurant is more of a diner, and very low key and is located at the center of a working port. After lunch we watched one of the commercial fishing boats lifted off it's trailer and hoisted into the water by the port crane operator. Fascinating- on of the only ports that handle boats this way.

• Visited June 2014
Huntsville, TX
“Great Stop for Crab”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place exudes atmosphere, right in the middle of a working harbor. My husband and I shared a delicious crab, served beautifully and quicker than I thought possible. The crab and a cold beer made this a great stop for us. This place is loaded with character. Do take a peak at the small museum inside the restaurant.

• Visited June 2014