“Cockroaches”
Review of Battle Rock Motel

Battle Rock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Orford
Battle Rock Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Port Orford
Seattle, Washington
“Cockroaches”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Great location, great price but we had cockroaches in the room. I can't deal with that.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mike O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here with my 3 kids, ages 5-14. We got a 2-roomed unit with a queen & two twins, which was perfect for us. Both rooms were clean & comfortable, including the bathroom. Furniture was cheap but serviceable. We found the room to be very quiet on a Sunday night at the end of August, despite the proximity to the highway. We arrived after dark and awoke to a beautiful, south-facing view of the bay and open ocean. After breakfast in the room (refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker came in handy), we headed straight across the street to the visitor center and absolutely beautiful beach. Spent 3 hours on the beach, even saw some seals come to shore.

I liked everything about the hotel except the curtains were too thin & didn't block enough early-morning light. I also did not see an ice-maker anywhere, but maybe I missed it. Other than this, the place was perfect for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Choudoufu
Camano Island, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This motel was a sleeper. No pun intended. We got stuck in some bad winter weather on the way to our hotel which was a 2 hr drive north. The ice on the road required us to find alternate accommodations. We ended up at this motel and I was very impressed. The lady was super nice, and the room was spotlessly clean. She brought us ice, and brought a coffee machine ready to go for the morning. The 70's thrift store decor was kinda funny, but the place was so clean, it almost squeaked. There are lots of places to walk to from here, if you want drinks or dinner. It does look funky from the outside, but if you stay here you will be pleasantly surprised. Super clean gives this motel a big thumbs up. Ask for the wi-fi password, the coffee pot, and ice if you need it. The lady offered all the above with a smile. I would stay here again in the future.

A nice clean place to stay!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RandR2003
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Excellent motel. My wife and our two kids have been staying at this hotel, which has been under the same management, for over 10 years. Clean rooms. Not the Ritz, but the 1960-ish motel is well maintained and convenient. Great views of the ocean and the Paradise restaurant hotel in town is a terrific place to eat. There are bigger towns up and down the coast, but my wife and kids have grown quite attached to this little town. Bandon is just 30 minutes up the road if you want to hit up a few more restaurants. Port Orford is a place where you go for some quiet and to relax. It's not a place if you want to be holstered to all of your electrical entertainment gadgets and contemplating life over a latte with a bunch of hipster friends. It's a hard working blue collar town, with a lot of charm, IMO.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingback
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Thank you to the lady that owns and runs this place. The hotel up the road where we had made reservations, did not give us our room.
We went here at 11:00 PM the lady gave us a room with a smile, it was small but clean and quite.
And we saw the whales the next morning.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank truckin4
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I always look for the bargain motel and have spent a night in more than a few "fleabags" As such I've developed my own rating scale for these often overlooked establishments.

We stayed here overnight while on a West Coast road trip. From the Hwy it looks like the Battle Rock Motel has seen more than it's share of skirmishes, but it had been a long day, it was getting dark and Crescent City (our original destination) was still over an hour away.

Check in was quick and easy and the rate (though slightly higher than I would like) was reasonable . I tried to negotiate senior citizen but the clerk said it was July 4th weekend, (it was the 3rd!) and she had discounted the rate already.

Our room was small but clean and looked newly painted. The view of the ocean and Battle Rock was great.

We had good nights sleep here but I'm not sure I'd stop again.

I give Battle Rock a 2.5 star rating on the "Hoz Fleabag Hotel" scale.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
#8 of 8 in Gold Beach
Azalea Lodge
Azalea Lodge
#6 of 8 in Gold Beach

Been to Battle Rock Motel? Share your experiences!