“still open?”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Siletz, Oregon
“still open?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I was so excited to eat here after reading the reviews. I was disappointed to find it closed in a Saturday night. Are they still in business?

Visited March 2014

Beaverton, Oregon
“Sumptuous!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I came for dinner with my honey. We had full four course meals; soup, salad, main dish and desert, which was properly completed with the perfect cup of strong, dark espresso. I had the cod plate, served with seafood stuffed ravioli, the flavours were so complex, yet not too rich. My sweetheart had the scallop plate served over fettuccine, also very satisfying. We stayed after dinner and chatted with the owners at the bar, both fun and very personable people. The atmosphere eclectic, not too formal, Paula's paintings and latest musings surrounded us as songs by Edith Piaf trailed from the kitchen. We both left enamored with intentions of returning again!

• Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“One of my top 3 meals. EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

One of the top 3 meals I've ever had. My fiancée and I had just gotten engaged the day prior, and this was our first "celebratory" meal (on Valentine's Day, no less). Paula's did not disappoint.

The building is unassuming but adorable inside. The majority of the art was painted by Paula, the head chef. While varying in style, you can feel a uniting vibe between the pieces. Very fun to look at while dining!

The service was fantastic. Our waiter, Christophe, is likely the most talented server you'll ever have - he was previously a chef at the world-famous Maxim's in Paris, training under Wolfgang Puck. His life story is well worth a listen. His wife Paula is the head chef, and is equally talented (see below). If it's not too busy, she's also happy to pull up a chair and share tales about her art, cooking mantra, or life in Port Orford.

The food - unbelievable. I had the beef filet, and I swear it dissolved in my mouth. A perfect, carmelized medium rare. The sauce was perfect, as was the potato au gratin that accompanied it. My fiancée had ling cod and crab with homemade ravioli in a cream sauce, and it too was outstanding. I've never had a seafood dish so comforting, and that so elegantly balanced the rich fish taste with the accompanying flavors. Paula told us about her careful sourcing practices, and it shows. The wine selection is also superb, and we were so grateful for the complimentary homemade cherry-infused brandy to celebrate our engagement.

We closed the place down, but still felt welcome with just the owners and staff left behind. Paula's is a true hole-in-the-wall, and is well worth the trek from Portland back down to Port Orford (we recommend staying at WildSpring Guest Habitat). We WILL be back!

Visited February 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
“VERY good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

It's eclectic but the food and wine were great! The server, I believe the owner (a man perhaps in his late 50's from what I remember), was French, from Paris. It was an interesting experience. I can't remember what we had as it was 2 months ago but I remember we left thinking that it was an awesome meal and at a very good price. I think the walls were finished with aspenite and varnished, like people do in a camp but hey, it's all about the food and wine and service and price and this place clicked all of those boxes. When in Rome.

Visited October 2013
Kansas City
“An Amazing Meal is Guaranteed for All!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We were staying at Wildspring Cabins just up the road in Port Orford and chose to go to Paula's Bistro. This is a charming restaurant with EXCEPTIONAL food! The Rack of Lamb was exquisite and the mussels and clams to start were amazing. This place is highly recommended - trust me... eat here... you won't be disappointed! From the friendly French waiter to the comfortable decor, you can't go wrong here!

• Visited September 2013