“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Orford
WildSpring Guest Habitat
Ranked #1 of 4 Port Orford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 June 2009

You will not want to miss this beautiful place if you travel to southern Oregon !! Not only are the cabins perfect, so are the people who own it. They have made a very special retreat in the tall pines. We watched the whales while we ate their wonderful breakfast on the deck. We are from Michigan, and the only place even close would be in our U.P. area.
The cabins are so quaint, so unexpectedly great, in layout, and decor. We enjoyed our short stay in this quiet, blissful place. Words do not do it justice. Go see for yourselves.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2009

If you're thinking of traveling to the southern coast of Oregon do NOT miss the beautiful Wildspring Guest Habitat. It is one of the most tranquil and beautiful places we've ever seen. Not a detail has been missed in this extraordinarily wonderful place. The rooms are fantastically done.. the beautiful and roomy bathroom with the greatest shower, the most comfortable bed, comfy couches. When you go to the guest hall for the home made breakfast you won't know whether to eat the food or photograph it... the presentation is amazing... but do eat it as it is delicious. Don't forget to get into the beautiful outdoor hot tub at night.. they supply plush bathrobe!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the WildSpring Guest Habitat in Pt. Orford.We are both 46 and have traveled extensively, staying at many beatiful places over the years.We both enoyed the WildSpring and agreeded that it was our all time favorite!!!All aspects of this expierience were amazing,a truely unforgettable and unique place.Owners Dean and Michele have created a true masterpiece and their love and hospitality were just frosting on the cake.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2009

This is the most restful, quiet, serene and romantic enviornment in the Pacific Northwest. And we've been to them all. The hosts Dean and Michelle are a delight. Very helpful and accomodating. We have stayed twice and will be back at least twice yearly. We love the place !!!

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 24 January 2009

After my first stay at WildSpring in August of 2008, I was hooked. Not only did it provide the sort of solitary serenity and ease I needed for a healing weekend away from the stress of work, it was nearby great beach and trail hikes and provided ample time for chatting with the owners. Both are fascinating people with kind, generous and creative souls. Also, I was thrilled with the level of skill and service provided by the lodge-endorsed massage therapist, who literally realigned my entire life in just 90 minutes!

The setting was striking in many ways; nestled under the canopy of second-growth forest, there's never a moment when the gentle whooshing of wind through the treetops isn't audible. Likewise, if you listen closely for the ocean, you can always hear it below the windsong.

Both cabins I've stayed in have been a signature blend of elegance, simplicity, good taste and luxury. The hand-chosen antiques, many upholstered with gorgeous fabrics; the art (much of which I understand is original); the special touches such as the aromatherapy toiletries, velvet-covered tissue box, mini-fridge and VCR/TV made me feel spoiled and cared-for. And returning every noon and night from that awesome hottub to enjoy the walk-in, slate-tiled shower was pure indulgence, as are the plush, thirsty towels and bathrobes.

About that hot tub -- I've enjoyed it in sun and rain, dark and light. It never ceases to bring relief to stressed muscles and remind me of the power of Mother Nature. Whether it's covered by a front of mighty clouds or a brilliant show of the Milky Way, moon and Orion, the combination of a hot soak and natural surroundings always melts my resistance.

Breakfast has been lovely every day as well. I like being able to choose my edibles and I have particularly enjoyed the dried fruit selection, the nice strong decaf coffee and of course the dark chocolate kisses. And it was super fun to pop a bag of popcorn and grab a couple chickflicks to watch when I was traveling solo. When I stayed at WildSpring with my fiance, we enjoyed a bottle of wine and a pizza we brought in from Hard Rain Cafe. That guest hall is one special place -- did you know much of it was designed and built by co-owner Dean?

Can't wait for my/our next visit to this one-of-a-kind resort. It's true that not every traveler will resonate with what WildSpring offers; but that's not all bad! In fact, it means this gorgeous spot will likely retain some of its natural exclusivity.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cruiserOregon
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Having read a review last year in the NY Times about the Oregon Coast which included Wildspring as a recommended place to stay, this seemed like the perfect solution to my holiday family stress before heading home to NYC.

Upon entering the gates and grove of towering redwood trees, I immediately began to feel the holiday tensions dissipate. I loved the elegant yet cozy bungalow decor, and the fact that the other cabins were not on top of me...it was nice not to have the noise of other guests and such that typically intrude upon one's sleep at a hotel. I felt like I was in a cozy home rather than a hotel or cabin.

I really enjoyed sleeping in too. The bed was amazingly comfortable...must be that feather top (and I ordered one when I got home!) because I usually wake up early with a backache when I'm in a hotel bed. Not so here.

The view of the ocean and amazing sunsets from the guest hall, which is also where there's a beautiful and clean kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks, are spectacular. The lush grounds with little hidden treasures...sculptures, benches, etc... and hiking trails were a great way to get back in touch with nature and decompress, especially for someone like me who lives in an urban jungle.

I also found the owners/staff to be very warm and helpful with inquiries for dining in the area as well as directions, yet not intrusive.

I do love nature, but I love hot showers and a good bed even more. That's why I would highly recommend this for couples or friends looking to just be with nature without having to camp in it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank MADIEGO
Reviewed 21 January 2009

We just got back from our 15th anniversary at WildSpring. So you can imagine our hopes for the place. It was even better than we expected, I can’t understand anyone who wouldn’t see that. My wife couldn’t believe how beautiful the cabins were decorated. The attention to detail was evident everywhere we looked, they thought of everything. The cabins are in this green quiet forest with deer roaming around telling us to relax, and the sea view part of the place invites us to sit and absorb the ocean. We loved sitting on the deck, hearing the surf over breakfast (quite a spread each morning, recommend the crunchy topped muffins) and watching the sunset over the water from the lookout. But the hot tub was the best. Looking out at the lights on the fishing boats, under all the stars, surrounded by the trees, it was the perfect place to be sweethearts again. They even arranged for flowers, champagne and chocolates waiting when we arrived. And to anyone who complained about this place, sure it helps for you to read a few things to understand all the stuff that’s here and how to take advantage of it, you can’t believe how different this place is until you stay here. But my wife thinks I’m a hero for finding this place. We’ll return.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Orford
Jot's Resort
Jot's Resort
#8 of 8 in Gold Beach
SureStay Plus Hotel Gold Beach

Been to WildSpring Guest Habitat? Share your experiences!