“Awesome place with a great price and location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland International Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
Nashville, TN
“Awesome place with a great price and location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Portland International Guesthouse for 4 nights and loved every bit of it. The guesthouse could not of been cleaner or better well kept. The kitchen was equipped with everything one would need and some simple breakfast items (coffee, tea, orange juice, milk, cereal, and bread) were provided free of charge! They also have several free maps and resources to help you explore Portland. The house is in an awesome location and is in walking distance of almost anything you could want. This was our first experience staying in a house with other guests sharing a bathroom and common space, but it all went well and we never had any wait time for the bathrooms. We will definitely be back to visit and highly recommend you check this place out as well!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cevans14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed here with my partner for a couple of nights while we explored the beautiful city of Portland. The bed was extremely comfortable, the facilities were clean and well-stocked with clean towels, shampoo, body wash, etc. It was so quiet and we hardly saw any other guests so it was like we were in our own home/hotel. The kitchen has everything you need, including a hot water pot for tea. We spent most of our time out exploring Portland, but I wish we had more time to relax in this great space. It's incredibly affordable, and perfect for young couples looking for a different experience while traveling. I can picture my mother loving this place as much as I did, so it's pretty great for all ages. We will absolutely stay here again if we end up in Portland again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peaceplease
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at the PDX International Guesthouse for 2 nights and Tim was very gracious by telling me all about the area, restaurants, transportations and how close it was to bars, restaurants and sight seeing... Great room, slept very comfortable, great facilities and loved the kitchen/breakfast. Will be back soon!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I needed a place to stay for a week while we visited our son (a resident of Portland). The Portland International Guesthouse suited our needs perfectly. We found the guesthouse to be clean and quiet and in a fabulous location near quaint shops and public transportation. Tim was friendly and accessible and accommodating. We heartily recommend this comfortable and welcoming guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maggih012
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I lost my heart to Portland, assisted no end by the great 4-day stay at the Portland International Guesthouse. It was a genuine home from home and delivered on all levels. Located in an architecturally fascinating neighbourhood of the city well served with great facilities, good public transport while also within easy walking distance of downtown, there's really nothing not to like about this guesthouse.

I was staying with my adult son for a family reunion and we had one of the larger rooms which soon felt like our own little apartment. Not having breakfast supplied was a positive bonus since it was much better to start the day by a relaxed sit around the kitchen table with a bowl of Joe's Os and several cups of excellent tea. I'd not normally be happy sharing a bathroom but there are so many bathrooms and they are so immaculately fitted out and maintained that this was actually no issue at all. Everything about this guesthouse is great. Including the charming manager Tim. If you are in Portland, you'd be barmy not to give it a go!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Brightonbelle07
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This guesthouse was like a civilised and small backpackers for grown-ups - perfect for the price.

Location: a block away from two nice streets with a few restaurants, cafes and shops. A patisserie is down the road. You can walk to the city from here but it's not that close. Lots of other transport options. Beautiful area for architecture - brightly coloured houses and tree lined streets.

Accommodation: the room we chose was small but that was to be expected for the price. We hardly saw anyone else while we were staying here - never had to wait for a bathroom. The kitchen was great - had everything you need to make breakfast, and the basics were all provided. After a few weeks of travelling and eating out it was great to have a kitchen to use, especially with a Wholefoods not too far away.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angefrog
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed there two nights and I really enjoyed the place.
Very well located in the middle of Nob Hill (for shopping and dining), very close to downtown for visiting.
Stephen was very helpful and friendly. He gave me lots of tips and advice.
Would definitely go back and recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo