“Love this gem of a place.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portland International Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland International Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
Berkeley, California
“Love this gem of a place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

One thing that is really important for me as a single woman travelling is: safety, comfort and location. This place had it all. I was hesitant about the shared bath but it was never a problem and always clean. Tim is great, very helpful and sweet. This place just has a wonderful vibe to it. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Really loved the location of this place, 1 block from awesome restaurants and lots of shops, 10-15 minute walk straight downtown/pearl district. Or the street car is about 4 blks away. We stayed in Room 1 and it was very spacious. If I stayed here again I would try to book one of the other rooms though as this one was right next to the bathroom and kitchen and in the morning could be a little noisy. All the other rooms seem to be tucked away better. Bathrooms were spotless and there is a big kitchen with free toast, jam, cereal, milk, coffee etc... Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Portland International Guesthouse for 4 nights and loved every bit of it. The guesthouse could not of been cleaner or better well kept. The kitchen was equipped with everything one would need and some simple breakfast items (coffee, tea, orange juice, milk, cereal, and bread) were provided free of charge! They also have several free maps and resources to help you explore Portland. The house is in an awesome location and is in walking distance of almost anything you could want. This was our first experience staying in a house with other guests sharing a bathroom and common space, but it all went well and we never had any wait time for the bathrooms. We will definitely be back to visit and highly recommend you check this place out as well!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cevans14
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed here with my partner for a couple of nights while we explored the beautiful city of Portland. The bed was extremely comfortable, the facilities were clean and well-stocked with clean towels, shampoo, body wash, etc. It was so quiet and we hardly saw any other guests so it was like we were in our own home/hotel. The kitchen has everything you need, including a hot water pot for tea. We spent most of our time out exploring Portland, but I wish we had more time to relax in this great space. It's incredibly affordable, and perfect for young couples looking for a different experience while traveling. I can picture my mother loving this place as much as I did, so it's pretty great for all ages. We will absolutely stay here again if we end up in Portland again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peaceplease
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at the PDX International Guesthouse for 2 nights and Tim was very gracious by telling me all about the area, restaurants, transportations and how close it was to bars, restaurants and sight seeing... Great room, slept very comfortable, great facilities and loved the kitchen/breakfast. Will be back soon!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I needed a place to stay for a week while we visited our son (a resident of Portland). The Portland International Guesthouse suited our needs perfectly. We found the guesthouse to be clean and quiet and in a fabulous location near quaint shops and public transportation. Tim was friendly and accessible and accommodating. We heartily recommend this comfortable and welcoming guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maggih012
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

I lost my heart to Portland, assisted no end by the great 4-day stay at the Portland International Guesthouse. It was a genuine home from home and delivered on all levels. Located in an architecturally fascinating neighbourhood of the city well served with great facilities, good public transport while also within easy walking distance of downtown, there's really nothing not to like about this guesthouse.

I was staying with my adult son for a family reunion and we had one of the larger rooms which soon felt like our own little apartment. Not having breakfast supplied was a positive bonus since it was much better to start the day by a relaxed sit around the kitchen table with a bowl of Joe's Os and several cups of excellent tea. I'd not normally be happy sharing a bathroom but there are so many bathrooms and they are so immaculately fitted out and maintained that this was actually no issue at all. Everything about this guesthouse is great. Including the charming manager Tim. If you are in Portland, you'd be barmy not to give it a go!

• Stayed March 2011