All reviewstrader joeshome away from homeother guestsalphabet districtbulletin boardjapanese gardenentire place was spotlessgreat locationinternational rose gardenwashington parkgreat wifiturn of the centurytop floorwithin blocksfelt like homequeen bedbed and breakfast
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it! The place was so nice, clean, bright and had everything you needed. The location of the guesthouse is superb and there's next to no street noise of an evening so we slept like logs each night. The parking outside was a bit of a pain but as long as you were on the ball you can get a spot easy enough. I'd certainly stay here again. Top marks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Portland International Guesthouse for two nights and was delighted with our experience. The entire hostel was very clean and well kept and it was very quiet allowing us to get restful sleep. The only thing that I was not prepared for was how difficult it would be to find parking for our rental car. Overall, I'd recommend the guesthouse and stay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was visiting Portland for a conference, and didn't want to stay in the sterile conference venue downtown. I found the Portland International Guesthouse, and took the advice of all the reviewers on Tripadvisor. It was a perfect choice for the week.

The room was comfortable, the shared bathrooms were kept perfectly clean, and the location in Nob Hill is perfect--it's quiet but right near great places to eat, and only a 20 minute walk or so downtown, and only a short walk to the tram for the airport.

I arrived at midday (before check-in) after over 20 hours of travelling from Australia. Instead of the often cold shoulder of hotels, Tim one of the hosts was so generous and welcoming, letting me get in a shower and storing my luggage while he expedited the cleaning of my room. Tim was unfailingly helpful for the whole stay, and made it even better. There were some offerings for breakfast, but I availed myself of the stunning artisan bakery only a moment down the road.

Choose the Portland International Guesthouse!! You won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I recently spent my second vacation at the Portland Int. Guesthouse and look forward to my third! This guesthouse is the best! The location cannot be beat, so close to shopping, dining and Trader Joe's is just out the door. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable and the manager, Tim is friendly and helpful. The simple check in system makes arrival easy too. The bathrooms and shared kitchen and common room are spotless and a great way to meet other travelers. I highly recommend this establishment. You will be lucky if there is a room available. Book ahead!

Room Tip: Ha! there is no pool, that is why I said it was terrible! I like the corner room. Happy travels
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

From the moment we set foot on the front porch we felt welcomed and at home. The location is perfect as it is only 2 blocks from where my son lives. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and Tim proved to be the most gracious and lively host we've met in a very long time.
We will be back!!!