All reviews trader joes home away from home other guests alphabet district bulletin board ken's artisan bakery japanese garden common sitting room entire place was spotless great location international rose garden washington park great wifi turn of the century top floor within blocks felt like home
Reviewed 17 October 2012

A wonderful guest house in a quiet location in the Nob Hill area of Portland. The rooms were very comfortable (bathrooms are not in the rooms, which is a small disadvantage, but there are 3 bathrooms and only 7 rooms; there is a supply of clean bathmats and facecloths in each bathroom). There is no daily room servicing. Breakfast is do-it-yourself, with juice and milk, cereals, bread, jam, and peanut butter provided. You can store your own food in the fridge. There is a very comfortable sitting room and a balcony for general use.
The owner and attendants were extremely helpful, providing maps and bus timetables and information about the excellent local eateries (the Blue Moon serves fantastic beer!). There is free WiFi in the rooms, and they allowed us to print our boarding passes in their office.
On any trip to Portland, I would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I recently stayed at Portland International Guesthouse while visiting my son. It was truly a home away from home! Home was very cozy and inviting. It is in the charming Alphabet District full of great shops and restaurants in walking distance. Tim, the house host, was so welcoming and Stephen was very helpful when making my reservation. I can't wait to return! It was such a great experience for my first trip to Portland. Thank you! Colleen and Patrick

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it! The place was so nice, clean, bright and had everything you needed. The location of the guesthouse is superb and there's next to no street noise of an evening so we slept like logs each night. The parking outside was a bit of a pain but as long as you were on the ball you can get a spot easy enough. I'd certainly stay here again. Top marks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Portland International Guesthouse for two nights and was delighted with our experience. The entire hostel was very clean and well kept and it was very quiet allowing us to get restful sleep. The only thing that I was not prepared for was how difficult it would be to find parking for our rental car. Overall, I'd recommend the guesthouse and stay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was visiting Portland for a conference, and didn't want to stay in the sterile conference venue downtown. I found the Portland International Guesthouse, and took the advice of all the reviewers on Tripadvisor. It was a perfect choice for the week.

The room was comfortable, the shared bathrooms were kept perfectly clean, and the location in Nob Hill is perfect--it's quiet but right near great places to eat, and only a 20 minute walk or so downtown, and only a short walk to the tram for the airport.

I arrived at midday (before check-in) after over 20 hours of travelling from Australia. Instead of the often cold shoulder of hotels, Tim one of the hosts was so generous and welcoming, letting me get in a shower and storing my luggage while he expedited the cleaning of my room. Tim was unfailingly helpful for the whole stay, and made it even better. There were some offerings for breakfast, but I availed myself of the stunning artisan bakery only a moment down the road.

Choose the Portland International Guesthouse!! You won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business