“Great value lodging and location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland International Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This Guesthouse was a gem of a find for our two-night stay in Portland. It is easy to get to, and our room (#4) was very clean, roomy and comfortable, and the price was great. The guestrooms share bathrooms, but there are two or three roomy and nice bathrooms, and that was never a problem. This B&B is in a great central location on Knob Hill, but that also means it is going to have city neighborhood street noises. That did not bother us at all, but just be aware. Because we were touring NW Oregon and the Seattle, WA, area, we did have a rental car. We arrived very late on Saturday night after an unplanned tour of Mt. Rainer and the National Park and were unable to find a parking spot. The host had told us to call him if we did have problems, so at 11:00 we were calling, and he was so nice and helpful and allowed us to park in the B&B driveway. We did not have any problem finding parking on the street for the rest of our stay. The breakfast is minimal--cereal and coffee, but as stated, very easy to get food at Trader Joe's or just enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant. We really liked that option instead of feeling like we had to do breakfast at the Guesthouse. We would stay here anytime we were fortunate to visit Portland.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lammac

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Very clean, comfortable room in a guesthouse with a shared bathroom. Great restaurants and shopping very close by and many more within walking distance. We used public transportation and were easily able to access the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlb113
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I loved my visit to the Portland International Guesthouse. I stayed on the top floor and shared a bathroom with 1 other guestroom. My room was huge with comfy beds. I left the windows open during my entire stay (day and night). The location is great with several restaurants and shops within close walking distance. I even walked to the International Rose Garden. The walk was uphill but definitely doable. My only complaint was parking .... I got lucky the first night and parked right outside the guesthouse but the rest of the time I couldn't get within 5 blocks. So be prepared to walk. There is a small driveway for unloading but you're only allowed to park there for 10 minutes. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Smessen
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We (a family of 3 with a 5 year old) stayed over at the Guesthouse for a night in september, when ending our road trip coming from Utah.

If you've seen nothing but wilderness and western towns for two weeks, Portland brings you back to the hectic reality. The PI Guesthouse however is a haven of tranquility.

Our host was just great: arriving a bit early was no issue at all. The whole PDX concept breathes an atmosphere of trust and calm.

The room (nr 6)was spotlessly clean with plenty of space.

Parking in the neighbourhood proved not to be that big an issue.

Of course, a 'quiet neighbourhood' is very relative in Portland (expecially after having heard only trees and birds for two weeks), so we did need ear plugs.

Great place for a very very soft price!

Room Tip: all rooms looked great
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

A wonderful guest house in a quiet location in the Nob Hill area of Portland. The rooms were very comfortable (bathrooms are not in the rooms, which is a small disadvantage, but there are 3 bathrooms and only 7 rooms; there is a supply of clean bathmats and facecloths in each bathroom). There is no daily room servicing. Breakfast is do-it-yourself, with juice and milk, cereals, bread, jam, and peanut butter provided. You can store your own food in the fridge. There is a very comfortable sitting room and a balcony for general use.
The owner and attendants were extremely helpful, providing maps and bus timetables and information about the excellent local eateries (the Blue Moon serves fantastic beer!). There is free WiFi in the rooms, and they allowed us to print our boarding passes in their office.
On any trip to Portland, I would choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I recently stayed at Portland International Guesthouse while visiting my son. It was truly a home away from home! Home was very cozy and inviting. It is in the charming Alphabet District full of great shops and restaurants in walking distance. Tim, the house host, was so welcoming and Stephen was very helpful when making my reservation. I can't wait to return! It was such a great experience for my first trip to Portland. Thank you! Colleen and Patrick

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it! The place was so nice, clean, bright and had everything you needed. The location of the guesthouse is superb and there's next to no street noise of an evening so we slept like logs each night. The parking outside was a bit of a pain but as long as you were on the ball you can get a spot easy enough. I'd certainly stay here again. Top marks!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple